Drayton Manor

rollerross11

• 3 weeks later...

Drayton Manor said the mack lauch coaster was originally planned but put on ice, I think an air race is perfect for Drayton Manor instead of some boring launch coaster.

Hmm, a small launch coaster could be good if done right.

There's also a woodie rumour floating around at the moment, which I hope to be true.

I don't think I've every experienced drayton manor busy... going may day bank holiday weekend in 2012 was quiet, as well as in august in 2012 and 2013, and the fireworks event last year, although packed on the evening, the park was pretty quiet all day. So just wondering if anyone has ever been in july as I'm considering going, just didn't know if drayton manor gets affected badly by school trips at the end of the year before summer holidays, as I wouldn't like to experience a busy drayton manor after being so spoilt with it on past visits :P

any help would be appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, a small launch coaster could be good if done right.

There's also a woodie rumour floating around at the moment, which I hope to be true.

I heard about the woodie rumor, Drayton Manor did mention it and brought it back up they said that it will be 100% woodie, no hybrid and the worst part is ... they said it will be done maximum 10 years.

Yes ..... they did

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to enforce this claim with some solid evidence or official plans?

So far we've heard from two reliable sources regarding future projects at the park - One included a launch coaster over the lake (I don't ever recall Colin Bryan revealing the coaster would be manufactured by Mack), and as revealed to a member of CoasterForce by the park owner himself, Drayton would be getting an Air Race...which we're currently seeing undergoing construction.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to enforce this claim with some solid evidence or official plans?

So far we've heard from two reliable sources regarding future projects at the park - One included a launch coaster over the lake (I don't ever recall Colin Bryan revealing the coaster would be manufactured by Mack), and as revealed to a member of CoasterForce by the park owner himself, Drayton would be getting an Air Race...which we're currently seeing undergoing construction.

I can back this clam up as my coaster club in with had lunch last October with the management and that's where he was talking about his 5 7 and 10 year plans with us and he told us that he was indeed going to have a launch coaster over the lake for this year but he has had to out this on ice for the time being so he still planning on building one but I can not remember why he said it was put on Ice it was also in the same lunch that in the 10 year plan was for a 100% woody and he has the planes for one since 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

I can back this clam up as my coaster club in with had lunch last October with the management and that's where he was talking about his 5 7 and 10 year plans with us and he told us that he was indeed going to have a launch coaster over the lake for this year but he has had to out this on ice for the time being so he still planning on building one but I can not remember why he said it was put on Ice it was also in the same lunch that in the 10 year plan was for a 100% woody and he has the planes for one since 2012.

I'm not disputing the fact that Drayton are getting a launch coaster over the lake, we already know that, I'd simply like some solid evidence to support the claims this new coaster will be built by Mack...

Here's a construction update on the new Air Race:

1655980_672225479508265_1134442899_n.jpg

Ahahaha, dream on, matey. Dream on.

Bit needless no?

This won't take long to build at all, assuming it's gonna be extremely basic and simple... Probs a month or two if that? That's for everything mind, the ride system itself will probably take a month tops...

It'll still open in June though... Cos Drayton... Do they still open rides with a C-List band?

Bit needless no?

Perhaps, but I prefer to go on facts rather than speculation. We'd all love a Mack coaster at Drayton, but let's face it, would their budget allow for such a class ride? At best I'm guessing a Vekoma or Intamin...quite possibly the latter, considering the park has a good relationship with the company anyway.