Drayton Manor

rollerross11

Wow, quite a few people hate Drayton Manor, it’s kind of surprising. I like it myself, the overall atmospheres good, the ride quality (Apocalypse & Maelstrom) is good. Its generally just fun! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Drayton Manor, although I do regret to say Shockwave is a waste of time queuing for, it was ok the first 50 times though ;) Maelstrom, what a ride. Don't like Apocalypse because I hate drop rides. G Force really isn't that bad, second public rider on opening day, speaking here.As for Oakwood, well I'm a big fan of wooden coasters so that park is great for me, other than BPB.

• 1 month later...

I really like Drayton Manor too. I've been going there since I was like 6, As I live 20 minutes away. I love Shockwave, The Zero G Roll is brilliant in the back row. Apocalypse is the UK's best flat in my opinion, Maelstrom is the UK's second best flat imo, Great floater airtime. Pandemonium is good too, But I don't ride inverting flats anymore.

• 1 month later...

I really wish Drayton Manor would get a seperate water source for Stormforce 10. Being soaked several times with lake water that smells of sewage really wasn't nice.And as for G-Force having one train? Thats a joke.Shockwave really needs its queueline renovated, its like walking through the 1990's. I hope this Thomas the Tank Engine Land World thing or whatever its called gets some proper effort into it.I liked the zoo at Drayton.

• 1 month later...

I went on monday, all was great, except for the weather :SI think the longest I queued was 30 minutes for the haunting,Ride Count :Apocalypse - 4 (2 sit down, 1 stand up, 1 stand up floorless)Maelstrom - 2Pandemonium - 3The Haunting - 1Golden Nugget - 1Pirate Adventure - 1G-Force - 2Shockwave - 3 The Black Revolver - 1And I'm going again in June :(

• 1 month later...

I really like Drayton. Please take no offense if you are part of the team, but the staff are rubbish, but the park its self I really like.The most fun I've had at ANY park was at drayton where my mate and me sat in one side of the car on the black revolver and it spun like crazy sending me into a fit of giggles and the ride was actually painful it was that intense haha.

What really annoys me, is that Drayton are getting a hotel and waterpark when only places like Alton Towers or Port Aventura, to name a few, are worthy of 1 day+. A waterpark, would be nice but a hotel!First of all, they can get rid of Shockwave because its a crap excuse for a sit/stand coaster and not forgetting that part of its track, is over boundary. And if I were part of the council, I'd have it removed/alter plans. Replace Shock with a nice Eurofighter (Cheap but effective) or a nice Vekoma SLC. As for G-Force, get rid off and replace with a nice Spinning coaster as those are cheap and well within budget. Spinners cost below 3.5 which if I am not mistaken is what they paid for G.Coasters that can do well at Drayton:Eurofighters, Spinners, Some launch coaster by Gerstlauer/Mauhre SohneA wooden coaster, Vekoma SLC, if Flamingo Land can get one on their budget surely Drayton can

I think Drayton is quite a unique park in regards to what coasters it has, giving it a spinner and a Eurofighter isn't really what it needs IMO. That would make it 4 spinners in the country I think and 4 Eurofighters. I quite like that Drayton has coasters that can't be found anywhere else in the country, even though they are both pants. I would love to see them both removed to make way for another ride that doesn't exist in the UK. Although tbh I think I'd just buy a second train for G-Force.

What really annoys me, is that Drayton are getting a hotel and waterpark when only places like Alton Towers or Port Aventura, to name a few, are worthy of 1 day+. A waterpark, would be nice but a hotel!First of all, they can get rid of Shockwave because its a crap excuse for a sit/stand coaster and not forgetting that part of its track, is over boundary. And if I were part of the council, I'd have it removed/alter plans. Replace Shock with a nice Eurofighter (Cheap but effective) or a nice Vekoma SLC. As for G-Force, get rid off and replace with a nice Spinning coaster as those are cheap and well within budget. Spinners cost below 3.5 which if I am not mistaken is what they paid for G.Coasters that can do well at Drayton:Eurofighters, Spinners, Some launch coaster by Gerstlauer/Mauhre SohneA wooden coaster, Vekoma SLC, if Flamingo Land can get one on their budget surely Drayton can

For once, this man is right! Drayton is a s**thole and it's unsafe, most rides are unreliable and the place is run into the ground. They can't even run two trains of an X Car, Shockwave is rough to hell, and it's putting all this stuff like a hotel in when they need to invest in the place. Good post Will, your spot on.

I disagree, Drayton needs to be different and have a different selection of rides to that of other parks in the UK to survive. Why go to Drayton Manor to ride a spinning rollercoaster when you can go to Alton Towers, which is arguably the significantly better day out.Differentiation people!

I'm going to be controversial and GO AGAINST THE CONCENSUS :) Ok.. Drayton is crap. There is no denying that if I had to go to Hell or Drayton, I'd be buying my one way ticket to Satan's house right now. However, Drayton bless it, tries very hard to get it right and on some occasions it succeeds. The problem is, as it always is, is money. Drayton can never compete with Alton Towers, its only way of clawing profit is to have un-motivated staff on minimum wage, one train operation on its rides and moderately themed rides with graffitti everywhere. It's only way of adding rides is to throw things whereever they fit. Look at their recent additions such as that pirate ship and the drunken barrells.It's to much to say they could build a spinning rollercoaster because it would always be overlooked by Fury and Spinball. What would be the point of an Eurofighter when thorpe is opening what will be a very popular ride next year. The smaller parks have to look outisde the box when they build rides as they simply cannot compete with the Merlin 4.

• 5 months later...

I really don't think Drayton Manor needs a water park. I can see it being another leisure activity for the benefit of Tamworth residents, but if I was planning a trip to Drayton, I wouldn't spend an extra day to visit the Waterpark especially when Alton Towers have Cariba Creek. Same for the Hotel, which for me would essentially be to spread the journeys out over two days. Unless it's at a reasonable price I'd stick with the local B&B's or Travelodge. I think I'm going to take another trip up to Drayton Manor this year now London Midland trains have got their arse in gear and given Watford a direct / regular service to Tamworth. I'm hoping they will have improved the park since my last trip in 2007 but I'm gonna be pessimistic and expect it to be the same. I do rather like Drayton Manors zoo however, the parrot was cute! I have still yet to ride Pandemonium and Drunken Barrels too. I'll make it a weekday trip though, 1 hour queue for G-Force was awful.Now I'll stop because I'm waffling.

I'm annoyed that Drayton Manor think they're sooo good they can build a hotel and waterpark - when in fact, they're not even a lil' bit good. I'd rather Flamingo Land build a hotel and waterpark than DM because at least FL have the rides to back-them up.Drayton needs to invest in new rides and new coasters in order to keep up or try to. They don't have to buy all the expensive coasters. There are plenty of coasters out there that they could buy:Mack/Gerstlauer Launch CoasterMaurer Sohne Spinning CoasterXCar CoasterEurofighter CoasterWooden CoasterVekoma Suspended-Looping CoasterBoomerang CoasterAll these coasters can be inexpensive and ones can be built to fit Drayton's budget and space requirments. If they wanted to, they could ask someone to invest in their company.

• 2 months later...

Agreed. Drayton Manor was absolutely terrible, I felt like I wanted to leave after about an hour. In fact pretty much every aspect of the park was absolutely terrible. If anyone has the choice of going to Alton Towers (even if its for the zillionth time) or going to Drayton Manor, there just is no competition.So if you want a good Birthday trip, the Towers is the only way to go.

Every single thing at Drayton Manor is terrible in every possible way, its dirty, its smelly, the themeing is awful. The rides are run by total idiots, the coasters have absolutely nothing good about them and G-Force only has one train so expect to queue hours.