Drayton Manor

rollerross11

• 2 weeks later...

I went to drayton manor yesterday and here is my trip report:We got there for opening time at 9:30 at had a look around the zoo. The zoo was pretty deprepssing really as the tiger there looked distrubed and they kept him in such a confined area it was really sad. But the zoo was very entertaining especially the mere cats they are so cute lol.We went to queue up for shockwave (the stand-up coaster) it took us about 10 mins to get on I must say the park really really needs to clean up this ride there was chessey goo all over the security camera there was rubbish everywhere in the queueline and the trains made this horrid screeching sound. However when we got on the ride it felt really weird but you m,get used to it. It made its slow crank up the hill and left me breathless as we went round the loop and the amazing zero-g roll.I give that ride 8/10...poor theming and it was very dirty.Next it was g-force now the theming was very well done big huge plasma screens with really cool music ....but they ruined it with the really annoying electric bolt which gave you a huge headache.I ws quite nervous about this one but I got in the seat (which were really comfy) and we went cranking up the weirdest lift hill ever it felt amazing and g-force :unsure: on it was incredible and the air-time was top nothc too... 10/10Stormforce 10 was also a really good ride which gets you very wet which was nice because it was a very hot day. Apocalypse was a big no-no for me (me and drop towers don't got together).I also enjoyed thwe sombero ride the drunken barels and the haunted was ...rubbish.All in all a really great park but needs a big clean-up.

• 3 months later...

Yer the restraints get tighter the ferther you push them in and when you go round the loops it gets pushed in and locks in tight. I tryed having it realy loose when I went on it and by the end of the ride it was tight again. It is so uncomfy at the end waiting for the restraints to come up. But overall G-force is a good ride but short.

Apocolypse is amazing - better than Hurakan Condor imo. Shame you missed out on stand-up floorless, that really is brilliant!Not much else at Drayton mind, Shockwave ain't bad, but Apocolypse is worth the admission price on it's own! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rode Stand-up Floorless Apocolypse and yeh its fantastic. It puts the sit down Apocolypse to shame. When I go to Drayton Manor next will hope to ride it that way again.(Stand-up Floorless way) I thought they could make a Stand-up Floorless ride as a rollercoaster. :D(Not Joking about the idea)

• 1 month later...

I like Drayton Manor ... I think the seats on Shockwave are a bit uncomfortable but we're standing up what do you expect, and I agree the restriants on G-force are sooooo tight ! I was too scared to got stand up on apocalypse but I did enjoy the sit down version! and my fav ride of all had to be Pandemonium ... it was so thrilling and I loved it !

• 1 month later...

Well drayton is good in some ways but overall is a big let down. If you want to see whats its like for yourelf then go.Anyone else seen the ridicolous signs at drayton. Theres the one "ridicolous and stupid screaming on shockwave will result in you being ejected from the park and the ride closing. and theres the graffiti one, I mean look. There both there on that page just scroll down and youll find both of them. If you see the graffiti youll burst out laughing. Theres another one after the graffiti one.

You've been to them all then I take it :huh:You'd hate Big Dipper, Wild Mouse, roller coaster and Great Yarmouth's roller coaster as they still operate with wooden brakes. I don't think Shockwave does run with wooden block breaks but then I haven't been since 2005 and after the rubbishness that is G Force. I'm in no hurry to go back.

• 10 months later...