Drayton Manor

rollerross11

10-7pm for park hours at Drayton is fantastic. I'd love to see other uk parks fo that, cough cough Alton.

As for their closed rides, all I can say is it's not been a good for them in the uk with thorpe with Detty, vortex, Samurai & slammer closed & Chessie having issues with Vampire whilst Towers still have Nemy closed.

Opening till 7 is great for the park, I just hope enough people actually decide to stay that late for it to be sustainable for them.  

Still don't get the whole 'Open the park at 9:30, at open the rides at 10:30' - there's nowhere near enough to do to occupy anyone for an hour without any rides open.

It is impossible for the track not to move when the train passes over it. Providing the train has mass the track must move downwards otherwise the track would have infinite energy. (Physics lesson over) my point being all track moves when a train goes over it, its perfectly normal.

Being a physics student I do know that, but this was way more than it should have done, that was my point.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_mvnr7cazdy1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

I think the enough is enough. The park have spent too much time expanding in their Thomas Land area of the park to the degree that most of their recent investments are getting a little boring.

At the rate their going, the park will just be Thomas Land in 5 years time. They do need to start focusing on other things like installing a major thrill coaster or brand new dark ride as the Thomas theme has been very overused there.

That's where Paultons got it right.

At the rate their going, the park will just be Thomas Land in 5 years time. They do need to start focusing on other things like installing a major thrill coaster or brand new dark ride as the Thomas theme has been very overused there.

That's where Paultons got it right.

They don't you know. Big thrill rides don't automatically guarantee success and lets face it, if the Thomas thing is working for Drayton then I have no problem with them running with it. 

Thomas land is probably the strongest of all the UK kids park franchises (Peppa pig, nickelodeon, angry birds and cebeebies) so good on them for expanding it.

Like said a park doesnt need a big fat coaster or dark ride for it to be pleasant. If the park wants to orientate itself round a younger audience thats absolutely fine, especially if it works as well as thomas land is working.

It is really nice the new Thomas Land expansion and I strongly believe it is the best IP in use in the UK. The area in question was occupied by the Driving school so I can't see it being the same size expansion as this years but at least 75% of the visitors yesterday were in Thomas Land, which was nice to have Air Race and Shockwave to myself!

They expanded this year as well didn't they?

Yeah; almost doubled the size of the land really, with a few new rides and a couple of play areas / exhibitions.  Highlight for me is a Zamperla Demolition Derby which looks pretty fun actually

I think the enough is enough. The park have spent too much time expanding in their Thomas Land area of the park to the degree that most of their recent investments are getting a little boring.

In fairness, they had Air Race last year which is a fabulous addition to the park's line up in my opinion.

I'm fine with them investing in Thomas Land as much as they want, but other parts of the park need attention too  Buffalo, Pirates Adventure, the god-awful Wild West shoot out are all rides which either need removal or complete overhauls.  If they sort them out, then they've actually got a pretty solid selection of attractions for a full day out.  Another major coaster would be nice, but it's not a necessity at this stage to be fair.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What started off as a foggy day, has turned out to be a nice sunny day; although I am still shocked how busy it is, probably the busiest I've seen the park, and I've been for fireworks and summer holidays previously (although I would call 30 minute queues busy for Drayton).

Notice the height restriction has changed on G-Force apparently to 1.35m.

And advertised in the Zoo, new for 2016: Tamarin Trail.

They need a new major roller coaster.

Just an Intamin accelerator or B&M of any kind would be fine for me (I do enjoy Shockwave and G Force but they're too short).

Just?  The trouble is an Intamin or B&M is a very high investment for a park without a huge company behind them, plus Intamin's seem to have a lot of underlying issues when compared with other manufacturers. 

They need a new major roller coaster.

Just an Intamin accelerator or B&M of any kind would be fine for me (I do enjoy Shockwave and G Force but they're too short).

I disagree,

I don't think DM needs more coasters. The real great thing about the park is TL,

Also DM don't really have the money to get a big coaster, specially a B&M.