Drayton Manor

rollerross11

Made a trip to Drayton Manor today.HOW CONTROVERSIAL.Yes.I mostly wanted to go to see the new 4D Cinema, "The Curse Of Skull Rock" there was a whole area which was old hollywood themed type thing, and then when you walk into a red room with TV's all around, with a weird pre-show type thing with look-a-likes coming to see the premier of the movie. that bit was a bit weird as it was nothing to do with Pirates. The actual cinema is quite big with rather posh seats, and big gaps in between so you can't but your feet over it when the water is about to spray! The story wasn't that amazing but thank God there was no giant talking head that got us back home. The effects were really good, with things like the chairs jolting back, Lights around the room, Fog and bubble machines, The obvious water spraying and a brand new one, That I had never experienced. It was in a scene when the pirate captain man was in a toilet, and he pokes his eye out, and then he...uses the toilet, and a rather odd smell is sprayed out, thats right..IT FARTS! All around its easily A better movie than Time Voyagers, and the 3D seems to be alot better, with lots of character interaction with the audience. Overall I thought it was real good, so much we saw it again!

Does anybody agree with me that Geforce is the worst ride at the park? :( Geforce totally ruined my day because after I got off it I felt really ill and so far it's the only ride to make me feel physically sick. And plus I had difficulties breathing whilst on the ride ;)

Well I guess it doesn't take a lot to make a better ride than Shockwave, they're equally as pants as each other :( Drayton Manor seem to be a park with good intentions but they have very strong competition from nearby Alton Towers and the Merlin Group in general. It's a shame because it has the potential to be very good, they just need to sort out the crap rides and install some decent things that aren't gimmick coasters. They could have a normal thrilling rollercoaster for once like a B&M Sit Down and it would be far better than all this upside down lift hill and stand up crap.

• 2 months later...

I've never been but from what I've heard from many friends and relatives, It's absolutely SHOCKING. Tomorrow I'm popping up to Alton Towers, but had the choice of going to Drayton, I was strongly persuaded by others to go anywhere but Drayton Manor, Apocalypse, is apparently very good but thats it. G-force is like death, Shockwave is rough as hell and well thats pretty much it. I still always think I'll try and get up there , but with trips to Alton only every few months, I can't see it happening any time soon unless reviews improve or they get something big and not gimmicky.

I've never been but from what I've heard from many friends and relatives, It's absolutely SHOCKING. Tomorrow I'm popping up to Alton Towers, but had the choice of going to Drayton, I was strongly persuaded by others to go anywhere but Drayton Manor, Apocalypse, is apparently very good but thats it. G-force is like death, Shockwave is rough as hell and well thats pretty much it. I still always think I'll try and get up there , but with trips to Alton only every few months, I can't see it happening any time soon unless reviews improve or they get something big and not gimmicky.

Ok, thanksI just really want to go on the stand-up :P

I'm planning a trip to Drayton Manor in the summer, I have never been before.Is iit worth a visit and is there anything very good there?thanks

Go Alton instead :POr go to both on seperate days. That way if you don't enjoy Drayton at least you can amke the trip worthwile by going to Alton as well.Jesus christ! ^ 7 n a half hours on a single ride in one day!! HAha insanity!

I'm planning a trip to Drayton Manor in the summer, I have never been before.Is iit worth a visit and is there anything very good there?thanks

Go on the rapids.. they are very very good rapids. :P I also like Shockwave and Apoycalpse. Yes Drayton manor isn't spectactular but it's good to get away from Merlin every now and then. :P

Go Alton instead :POr go to both on seperate days. That way if you don't enjoy Drayton at least you can amke the trip worthwile by going to Alton as well.Jesus christ! ^ 7 n a half hours on a single ride in one day!! HAha insanity!

Might go both on seperate day :Phow close are they?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I visited drayton manor a few years ago and found the park very enjoyable, granted G-Force is rather rough but none the less I and my friends found the park very enjoyable and several rides to me are far more thrilling than thorpe's.I am very content and excited about planning to possibly visit this year if I can make my way there, I think that G-Force is a good ride but it is a let down because of the roughness but I loved Shock wave, best coaster in the park, the rapids where both thrilling and relaxing and I feel that the park is very well themed compared to some of it's other competitors in some aspects considering it is only a small park run by a family rather than a chain some of the rides are great acomplishmnets for them and the park has a great mix of family and thrill rides to even things out.I think the park deserves more recognition than it currently recieves.I found Storm Force a breath taking ride and it was very clearly visibly that a large ammount of effort had gone into place with the theming of the rides queueline and station, the procariously stacked books and such where a lovely sight and feel to the ride and I found it exihilarting and far more thrilling than over water rides I have been on and very unique, and the ride deserves far more recognition for the theming and the ride itself along with the fact that the ride works with a charity, one of the only rides around I have encountered to do so raising around 66 million for life boating charities since its opening date.Apocalypse was a truly thrilling ride and I loved how you are given the option of standing or seating for the drop as they are rather different exeperiences in my opinion and it was far more thrilling than other drop towers or rides I have been on because of the sheer height of the ride and speed of the drop I was more scared than when I have been on many roller coasters and found it matched of even exceeded some roller coasters as it where.Maelstrom was a ride that I and most certianly my friend who insisted we ride countless times throught the day found both thrilling and fun and a wonderful experience.Pirates adventure was a ride that me and my friend decided to go on despite the childlike vibe however we found this ride a relaxing nice ride to and rather fun. I found the ride excelling my expectation with the theming of the ride being at the standard of which it was I found it of parks such as disney the ride was just greatly themed and a fun ride not thrilling but it didn't need to be and we loved the interaticivty of the ride and the robots.A dragons tale was another good little ride that excelled our expectations it was a similair experience to the theming was of a nice standard and the ride experience was pleasurable and relaxing, a good family ride and relaxation ride for thrill seekers I love how the effects used the water and the narration and we found the kid more of a childrens ride but because of the effects and theming we enjoyed this quirky little ride.I hope that in my next visit to drayton manor I am able to experience many of the other rides of the park such as pandemoniun and the haunting to see what these rides are like but from what I have encountered at the park so far I found it a wonderful day out and great value for money.