Drayton Manor

rollerross11

I guess the Ben 10 brand is nowhere near as well known

I would guess that many kids would disagree with you on that... I have no idea what it's about, but considering the amount of Ben 10 merch and stuff kids wear these days no doubt it will be relatively successful for the park... Obviously when compared to Thomas it's hard to beat, but still, it's a popular and well-known brand for the young people...Indeed, Drayton could have a decent plan here is focusing on the IP generation a lot more than the Merlin parks... Thomas Town was well recieved by many and playing something similar to that can only boost people's expectations...Of course, it is a 50/50 thing, it depends on the level of effort going into it, but hopefully with Thomas Town as a precursor, it should be pretty decent, even for us who don't have a clue...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The track construction for the Ben10 Vekoma Junior Boomerang is now complete, unlike the usual Boomerang, this one does not have a second lift, instead just a 'bumpy' spike at the other end of the track, Drayton Manor have also confirmed that there will be a pre-show to the ride. Some images.>>Construction Photo's on here!<<Images from UKParkNews :rolleyes:EDIT:changed images to link.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually find DMP's prospects quite exciting...Thomas Land has done wonders for their brand image across the Midlands itself, and with quite a lot of touch ups going on (G Force track repaint, Shock Wave train repaint and refurb, Storm Force refurb, Maelstrom repaint) together with the new Thomas Land ride and Ben 10, new staff recruitment procedures, and the alleged Thrill coaster for 2012... life is looking good for this park!And all 20 minutes drive from me.Yupppeeee!

Shockwave's trains (or at least, the red train, blue was indoors) look absolutely awesome... Just so shiny and pretty...Seeing queues being repainted as well is a good thing too... I do like Drayton as a park, unlike many other enthusiasts, ok the coasters are crap but it has a nice atmosphere and some decent theming strewn around...Plus Maelstrom <3<3

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from Shockwave's track, Drayton is looking pretty clean and tidy. The food is still pretty dire but had a good day there. Just a tiny bit more TLC and it will be better.It's nice to see not only a new ride being built but also general TLC to the rest of the park at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Ben 10 had it's media day yesterday, and here's a POV of it..

It does look fun... Not OMFG amazing, but considering target audience and what not, it could well be a solid addition to Drayton's rather quirky line-up...The queue theming looks interesting as well, though I'm not a fan of the 'unfinished' look of the buildings... But meh...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...