Walibi Holland

A couple more pictures, showing what happens after the straight section in the above rending...

IUqz1vY.jpg

O0OVFRh.jpg

4jGQ9jO.jpg

39ajnyo.jpg

Source:  http://imgur.com/a/q6hSR

So yeah, straight section, unbanked turn, MCBR, followed by a sort of dive drop (or should that be The THORPE PARK Inversion  :ph34r:).  

Unbanked turn would certainly suggest a spinning coaster, but with how weird this project has been so far, who knows? 

There is one already in operation: 'Veil of Dark' in Toyko Joypolis in Japan. It's a laser shooting, launched, spinning coaster with one inversion, built by Gerstlauer. RCDB link: http://rcdb.com/6453.htm

However, there's also a Mack spinning coaster in China under construction (well, the coaster is seemingly complete, but the park is still being built). It's not as crazy-looking as this, but has a similar type of track:

Shaox7.jpg

Source: http://www.vhcoasters.com/?p=4476

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And everyone's favourite German enthuasiast, Tobi from PhantaFriends.de, has made a No Limits recreation of the ride...

If this doesn't spin, then we've got a fun-looking ride. If this does spin, then we've got a potentially insane ride.

Looks like a beast.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you're the super-organised enthusiast, you might want to circle early 2019 for a new unique coaster...

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/4980/Walibi-Holland-opent-weer-grote-nieuwe-achtbaan-in-2019.html

Yep, Walibi Holland have said they're planning to open a new coaster for the 2019 season which "you cannot find in another park".  Along with that, they're opening a new thrill ride next year, and doing some refurbs to rides over the next couple of years.  

And despite all this information, we still don't know what Lost Gravity *actually* is!

Sounds a very ambitious and exciting plan. Walibi definitely looks to be on the up for the future by the sounds and appears to knock Efteling from the roost of best Netherlands park.

Out of interest, does anyone know if Walibi were ever bought up recently as they didnt seem to be adding anything new for a while.

771.gif

Walibi have a LOT to do to even get anywhere near Efteling... Lost Gravity, a dark ride and another random coaster 3 years away isn't enough whatsoever...

Sounds a very ambitious and exciting plan. Walibi definitely looks to be on the up for the future by the sounds and appears to knock Efteling from the roost of best Netherlands park.

Out of interest, does anyone know if Walibi were ever bought up recently as they didnt seem to be adding anything new for a while.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

If Walibi Holland is of a similar standard to Walibi Belgium, then they are lightyears behind Efteling (and since they're not even aiming for the same target market, pretty incomparable anyway).

Walibi haven't been bought up / taken over to my knowledge.  They've just had a few years of nothing, followed by adding ALL THE THINGS now.  Like even Walibi Rhone-Aples is getting a Gravity Group woodie out of nowhere this year...  

Good thing mind.

rs_500x376-140731112918-insta.gif

Good to see I still have my dignity then

How stupid of me, nothing will beat Efteling. After all quality not quantity obviously is the way and I'm sure they'll have another fab contraption built/in the works by 2019 anyway.

Walibi Holland however do look very exciting with their new stuff still which is clearly different altogether and they are more like Dutch Thorpe whilst Efteling is a much better Dutch equivalent of Towers. Not like I've even visited Walibi anyway.

I'm sure Tover will get something eventually too.

So guys this ride is NOT A SPINNER!!!! It is Mack's take on the Skyrush Concept with 2 seats on the track and 2 winged seats, and there will be 2 rows of this coaster a little bit like a gerstlauer Eurofighter.

Confirmed Via Snapchat!

thumb_image_107.png

thumb_image_106.png

And Here is a CGI Mockup

th720_c665bc08c91e7603e2540461a4244d25.p

SO what are your thoughts guys and girls!?