Walibi Holland

• 4 weeks later...

Lastest rumours suggest that Walibi are now planning their new coaster to open in 2020, instead of 2019.

I doubt it's a coincidence that this comes off the back of Efteling saying that their big new area featuring a coaster is coming in 2020.  Surprising really, as I'd have thought the park would want to avoid essentially competing with Efteling, and instead have a year where they've got the big new for the Netherlands.  Unless they're planning on just riding off of Efteling's popularity to try and get more foreigners visit..

54 minutes ago, Benin said:

RMC Robin Hood please (mainly because I can't really think of anything else the park could do with)...

I wouldn't mind one of the new Mack spinning coasters a la Time Traveller either.  Certainly would plug a hole and fit the unique for Europe bill..

Though if we're being realistic, it'll probably just end being the S&S free spin...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some quotes from the park:

This is the dream of many amusement park fans in Europe.  We are very happy that we can now make it known.  The speed will naturally be a lot higher, the rest will be announced at a later stage.

The ride will close in September, and open July 1st next year.  There'll be a new name and theme.

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/9499/Walibi-Holland-vervangt-Robin-Hood-door-hypermoderne-houten-achtbaan.html

Fantastic to see more serious investment in the park, and more stuff in The Netherlands :wub:

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pluk said:

Scott's a happy soul, isn't he?

I guess this will be our most accessible RMC from the UK for now, certainly considering a visit.

In terms of time and distance, this will be our most accessible. But Energylandia is also very easy to get to as well, and I imagine if you hunt around, the cost of flights isn't that different. So we're spoilt for choice!

Just need one in the UK now please..

On 1/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, JoshC. said:

First Drop (the ECC's magazine) are reporting that Untamed will have 5 inversions, 2 more than any other RMC

And it's now confirmed...

Let's not forget that Untamed was also said to have a 'never before seen' element before. So in all likelihood, this will be a new type an inversion.

About time Europe started getting more RMC’s to go along with Wildfire!! Now if the UK could hurry up and give us one, that would very much be appreciated!!

Untamed looks like it’s going to be a very strong contender for the best coaster in Europe when it’s open (It’s RMC so I’d expect nothing less than a solid coaster) and will also make Walibi Holland a real must do park given the park also consists of Goliath, Lost Gravity and El Condor.... ok only two of those are great!!... jury is still out on Lost Gravity. Can’t wait to get to this park at some time in 2019.