Walibi Holland

36 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

About time Europe started getting more RMC’s to go along with Wildfire!! Now if the UK could hurry up and give us one, that would very much be appreciated!!

Untamed looks like it’s going to be a very strong contender for the best coaster in Europe when it’s open (It’s RMC so I’d expect nothing less than a solid coaster) and will also make Walibi Holland a real must do park given the park also consists of Goliath, Lost Gravity and El Condor.... ok only two of those are great!!... jury is still out on Lost Gravity. Can’t wait to get to this park at some time in 2019. 

Just for that comment alone you should be submitted to a day's worth of riding hell Condor, the worst coaster known to man. 

That ought to set you straight...or rather, not, since you'll probably end up with a broken spine :) 

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

Just for that comment alone you should be submitted to a day's worth of riding hell Condor, the worst coaster known to man. 

That ought to set you straight...or rather, not, since you'll probably end up with a broken spine :) 

Just a little joke on my part!! ? 

I would rather marathon Saw than endure that!!

7 hours ago, Benin said:

I'd rather ride Condor than Saw, or it battered me so much I literally forgot the entire experience...

MP Express is a far worse SLC...

The first half of MP Express is copeable though. Condor is terrible from the second you leave the lift hill until about 2 hours later when the headache begins to go away.

You're definitely suffering from PTSD - post traumatic SLC disorder...

• 3 weeks later...

Step up under flip is such a silly name for an inversion, especially since it's effectively just a bloody barrel roll.

Still loving the update and the series though. Maybe it's because we don't know the layout and it's such an exciting development, but this feels like the best Dutch making of series there's been from a park.

• 3 weeks later...

Next video in the series:

Focuses a bit on the making of the Wilderness area. We also get some more stuff about Untamed:

-14 moments of airtime

-Upward barrel roll as the final inversion before the breaks

-Final logo (see below)

The next video will show the completely unique element of Untamed, which appears to be going on what was the first hill of Robin Hood..

Image 22-03-2019 at 15.52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Me posting multiple posts in a row in one thread? Whoda thunk it..

Trains have been revealed...

The entrance feature is up:

Theming is up in the surrounding area:

image0.jpg?width=782&height=586

On top of this, old pieces of Robin Hood wood will be used as theming in the queue.

And we have details on the unique element:

56890486_2375717912462588_42918069044447

It will follow the first drop, and be a sort of double-zero G roll. You'll spin 270 degrees to the left, then 270 degrees to the right, inverting you twice. The element is partially constructed:

image1.png

Saw this in person today, looks impressive though maybe not as tall as I expected.

Wasn't a huge fan of Walibi, didn't really rate any of the coasters or "get" the atmosphere they were going for.  Quite a few rides closed, and a few closed at 4 (planned not tech issue - park was on a 5pm close).

I'm thinking of heading over to Walibi solo in October. I'm visiting a friend who lives in The Hague and have a day where I'll be alone so I'm thinking of taking it as an opportunity to jump on a train there and get on my first RMC! (My friend is too tall/too built for Rugby for rides -according to him- so it'll be my only chance during the trip!) I've never been to a theme park solo which is the only thing making me unsure! Has anyone done a solo trip before? The temptation is very high! 

5 hours ago, Lewis. said:

I'm thinking of heading over to Walibi solo in October. I'm visiting a friend who lives in The Hague and have a day where I'll be alone so I'm thinking of taking it as an opportunity to jump on a train there and get on my first RMC! (My friend is too tall/too built for Rugby for rides -according to him- so it'll be my only chance during the trip!) I've never been to a theme park solo which is the only thing making me unsure! Has anyone done a solo trip before? The temptation is very high! 

I've done solo trips to Efteling, Europa Park, Disneyland Paris, Heide Park and Gardaland solo before (The latter two I've only ever done solo) and it can be quite liberating. I did those trips because I couldn't organise friends to join me and I still wanted to go regardless.

It can feel a bit odd at times, but as long as you're relatively comfortable with your own company and  travelling in general you'll be fine. 

Positives:

- You can do whatever you want without having to agree with others. This is the biggest benefit.

- Single rider queues are useful

- If it's a choice between going alone or not going at all I know what I'd pick!

Negatives

- Eating alone at dinner can feel a bit weird (I generally take a book).

- Whilst rollercoasters are fine, riding rapids and log flumes alone can get your weird looks from strangers. You have to be confident in ignoring that.

If you can afford to do so I would totally get a fast track (or equivalent) as well, as long queues alone can get boring.

3 minutes ago, Hethetheth said:

I've done solo trips to Efteling, Europa Park, Disneyland Paris, Heide Park and Gardaland solo before (The latter two I've only ever done solo) and it can be quite liberating. I did those trips because I couldn't organise friends to join me and I still wanted to go regardless.

It can feel a bit odd at times, but as long as you're relatively comfortable with your own company and  travelling in general you'll be fine. 

Positives:

- You can do whatever you want without having to agree with others. This is the biggest benefit.

- Single rider queues are useful

- If it's a choice between going alone or not going at all I know what I'd pick!

Negatives

- Eating alone at dinner can feel a bit weird (I generally take a book).

- Whilst rollercoasters are fine, riding rapids and log flumes alone can get your weird looks from strangers. You have to be confident in ignoring that.

If you can afford to do so I would totally get a fast track (or equivalent) as well, as long queues alone can get boring.

Thanks! I go to concerts alone sometimes when I can't find anyone to drag along and they often end up being my favourites so I'm hoping the same will apply here! Travelling around The Netherlands is an absolute doddle so no concerns there. I've done Winter Wonderland alone a couple of times purely to ride Olympia Looping over and over and never felt out of place but feel like it might be a different story in an actual theme park. 

I've wanted to visit Walibi Holland ever since I started playing RCT2 as a kid so I absolutely feel like going alone would be better than not going at all!