Your Favourite Flat Ride and Rollercoaster Manufacturer

I would have to say B&M for coaster manufacturer, as they make my favourite 3 UK coasters (Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno & The Swarm), then followed by Intamin well because of Stealth.

for flat rides, I'd say Zierer for it's star shape (Danter's Air) flat ride alone... I also mainly enjoy S&S (Rush), and Intamin (Maelstrom) - my favourite manufacturers are due to them making my favourite rides, not just in general  :)

Pinfari, because without them crappy piers around the world would be empty.

Toss up between Mack and B&M really, but both are more than capable of turning out some massive turd occasionally. For flats the big metal HUSS name plate stamped on a ride was always a sign that great things were about to happen when I was young, it's probably the ride brand I was first ever aware of.

Favourite coaster manufacturer is a difficult one.  B&M do make some quality, but at the same time, they can be very formulaic with their rides.  Then again, that could just be down to the parks who order their rides.  Then there's Intamin; despite all their flaws, they are very innovative, and do contribute to the industry.  Perhaps too innovative though, but heyho.  But then you get the 'smaller' ones, like Mack and even Gerstlauer, who are improving their ride selections, and being involved in bigger and more exciting projects.  

So really difficult to choose.  In terms of rides I've ridden, I've always favoured B&M rides, so I'll have to go for them.  

As for flat rides, I'll have to go for Fabbri.  Just because they've got a great selection of rides and seem to be quite reliable. 

It's a toss up between Mack and B&M for favourite coaster designer. Whilst B&M's can be formulaic, it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad rides. I was very surprised by just how good rides like Scream, Katun and Medusa are and when B&M go for it (Tatsu, Nemesis, Riddlers Revenge), they really go for it. Mack are up there because of the awesomeoness of Blue Fire (And soon Helix) and the sheer amount of rides they design and build.

Intamin rides are okay but for every Juvelen there's a Tornado or Furius Baco.

Flat ride manufacturer, it has to be Huss who designed so many staple flat rides of my childhood. Pirate Boats, Enterprises, Top-spins and Breakdances are just :wub:

Coasters: B&M for the pure fact all there rides are at least good. None try to kill you (that I've been on). Vekoma when they work with Disney should also get a mention, Everest is amazing and Grizzly Gulch looks brill too! Gerstlauer when they don't work with Merlin are pretty good too, maybe because they're good at small/medium ish projects but can't stand up to large scale ones. Maurer Sohne do some wacky stuff which I admire but some of it really isn't necessary (looking at you Humpty Bumpty lift hill on G-Force!). I'd love to mention Mack high up but I've only done Flying Fish and rides like that :P Premier also get a mention purely for The Mummy and it's fab little coaster section after the launch!

Flat: I don't really like spinning so I'm not really a big fan of many flat rides. I'd have to say S&S because of Rush and Hot Seat (smaller version at Fun Spot USA). Thorpe Park engineering is another good one with Slammer, Zierer also with Air Race and that clever restraint system.

So yeah, coasters B&M, flats S&S. And just to mention Mack... water rides Mack :D

Coasters for me is a hard one, but I'd have to say B&M because of my favorite coaster Nemesis, I also love Oblivion and of course Inferno ;) Intamin is my second because of rides like Colossus and Stealth. B&M always seems to be the most reliable manufacturer (except Air) and there rides always seems to be smoother, 

For flats I'd have to say S&S because of Slammer :wub:  and Rush. I know they aren't the most reliable or most comfy but they are just my favorite. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
11 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

Intamin for roller coasters (if only they had better operational uptime) and KMG (flat rides) for the sheer fear factor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LoBCH2ozw) <- I mean who else could make a transportable 62m fairground ride that's undoubtedly terrifying? 

Its basically a 32 seater booster lol .... park model