Hershey Park

c1hrisin

I don't know if there is a topic for Hershey Park, certainly haven't seen one.

Anyways look at their new ride looks <3

Hersheypark Announces "Laff Trakk" - New indoor spinning roller coaster for 2015!
Official Website: http://www.hersheypark.com/2015/

Laff Trakk is the first indoor, spinning, glow-coaster in the United States. This family friendly house of laughs spins riders through an exciting adventure of sights and sounds complete with glimpses of colorful characters, a dizzying hall of mirrors, and more! Laff Trakk is the fun house of the 21st century offering a new experience with every ride.

Official Press Release
Hersheypark Announces First Indoor, Spinning Glow-Coaster in the United States
Prepare for More Grins, Giggles, Twists and Turns in 2015

(Hershey, PA - August 12, 2014) — Known for blending the best of the past with the innovations of the future, Hersheypark announced the addition of Laff Trakk, the first indoor, spinning glow-coaster in the United States for the 2015 summer season. Laff Trakk will be the 13th roller coaster at Hersheypark, officials announced today in a press conference at the site of the new attraction.

Laff Trakk, built within a family friendly house of laughs, spins riders through an eye-popping adventure of sights and sounds complete with glimpses of colorful characters including classics like Laffing Sal plus an engaging hall of mirrors, house of cards and more. Laff Trakk, a 21st century Fun House, offers a new experience with every trip as riders enjoy the sensation of floating along the coaster track.

“Fun Houses are an American amusement park treasure and an important part of the historical fabric at Hersheypark,” said Kevin Stumpf, General Manager, Attractions & Entertainment. “We are thrilled to bring back some of the timeless elements from these classic attractions and, quite literally, put a new spin on them.”

Set to debut in May 2015, Laff Trakk, part dark ride, part family coaster, will deliver a different sensory experience with each trip on the innovative attraction. “The
number and size of riders affects the rotation of the cars giving riders a different view of the bright, colorful elements and playful surroundings providing endless amounts of fun on Laff Trakk,” continued Stumpf.

As soon as riders enter the queue line, they will see a glimpse of the whimsy which awaits them in Laff Trakk and be able to capture the anticipation in sharable photo opportunities.

The roller coaster will deliver larger than life experiences in an elaborately themed environment. The new attraction will be located within a 130 feet long by 75 feet high red, white and blue building along Midway America between the Whip and Midway Tent.

Hersheypark worked with the award-winning team at Raven Sun Creative, a New York-based immersive entertainment design group that has worked with internationally known brands, to bring the Park’s rich history to today’s guests.

“Our team took inspiration from researching iconic Hersheypark Fun Houses,” said Louis Alfieri, Principal and Chief Creative Officer, Raven Sun. “We looked at archival images of ‘WHOOPS,’ ‘Laugh Land’ and ‘Laffing Sal’ with the goal of re-creating the nostalgic Fun Houses of yesteryear with the latest in technology in Laff Trakk.”

Maurer Söhne, a German company, manufactured the coaster that will feature a four-seat ride vehicle with two seats in two rows, back-to-back. The design of the coaster car allows for a 360-degree free spinning rotation. Reaching a maximum speed of approximately 40 miles per hour, Laff Trakk takes its riders along 1,400 feet of track which includes an Immelman turn (riders enter a half loop and then go through a half twist and curve out in the opposite direction in which they came), multiple high-banked curves (85 degrees maximum) and Camelback air time hills.

With seven ride vehicles each holding four riders, the 70-second ride has an estimated ride capacity of approximately 850 riders per hour. The ride system utilizes a
combination of the most modern magnetic and pinch braking systems to give everyone the smoothest and safest ride possible.

For more information or to take a “virtual” ride on Laff Trakk, please visit www.Hersheypark.com. You also can like us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/Hersheypark or follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @Hersheypark.

^Yep, it is that model!

Great theme for an indoor spinning coaster and should be a nice little addition to the park.  Definitely high up on the list of US parks I want to visit one day for sure! 

I thought it was!

Great little layout to be honest, and agree with the theme, nice to see something a bit different.

^Yep, it is that model!

Great theme for an indoor spinning coaster and should be a nice little addition to the park.  Definitely high up on the list of US parks I want to visit one day for sure! 

I feel like Hershey are going for the lowest capacity roller coasters of any Major US park award here. 

• 1 year later...

Hershey Park have just announced their new ride(s) which are 3 S&S Space Shots all of different heights

(the tallest one also being a turbo shot).

image.jpeg

Personally, I think this will be a great addition for Hershey park as the main ride missing for them was a drop tower. I really enjoy S&S Space Shots purely for the launch (basing my experience off Dr. Doom's Fearfall) and the fact the Hershey tower has a Turbo Drop as well will add to the experience.

I am aware many of you are not fans of S&S Space Shots so I am expecting negative comments.

3 hours ago, CharlieN said:

Good addition. But I can't help feeling that the middle tower is a bit pointless. I mean, the tallest will be ridden by thrill seekers and the smallest will be ridden by little ones, so I don't really think they need to bridge the gap.

It'll probably be used by people working their way up, or people trying to get over a fear of drop towers.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Will be the more public friendly alternative to Skyrush. I personally find it interesting that whilst Intamin mega/hypers are far better received by coaster fans, the sales have pretty much stopped whereas twenty years later, the B&M equivalent continues to sell so well. 

That is hauling a** man. I see this being amongst Mako and Shambhala for hypers (very good). 

2 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Will be the more public friendly alternative to Skyrush. I personally find it interesting that whilst Intamin mega/hypers are far better received by coaster fans, the sales have pretty much stopped whereas twenty years later, the B&M equivalent continues to sell so well. 

I think its really down to Intamin's reputation. Rides such as Skyrush or I305 are popular with us because they are intense, but the GP just find them too intense so they don't get enough ridership to be worth investing in. This is made worse by the various problems that Intamin coasters have had (I305's black out turn, Maverick's Heartline, constant downtime, throughputs that are way above what is actually possible being promised).

B&M is just a no brainer I guess. High throughputs, reliable, and the GP and enthusiasts are happy.

15 minutes ago, Benin said:

Also how on earth can the name not fit with a park owned by a chocolate manufacturer? 

When I hear Candymonium, I think it fits more with a dark ride or a spinning flat ride.

For me, calling a 200ft+ coaster Candymonium just doesn't fit or work. It just feels really jarring.

Tbf it does seem really fast for a B&M hyper, like its taking those airtime hills faster than most hypers. It also has that floatjector Shambhala esque hill. 

I think B&M have really been killing it with the pacing recently on their Hypers. Even if Candymonium is a little bit short, I guess Skyrush is too.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Mark9 said:

let's hope it can be RMCed in a few years'

Talking about RMC. They have a pretty good candidate in the park for one lol.