Carowinds

• 2 months later...

Looks quite a lot like Shambhala but perhaps even better. 

I dont think it looks like Shambhala at all. It looks like a whole 2 thirds or the ride are extremely fast corners and turns until the large airtime hill, plus Shambhala is more about the airtime and this isn't, this should just make an incredibly intense low to the ground feeling type experience :)

I dont think it looks like Shambhala at all. It looks like a whole 2 thirds or the ride are extremely fast corners and turns until the large airtime hill, plus Shambhala is more about the airtime and this isn't, this should just make an incredibly intense low to the ground feeling type experience :)

TBH I only said it looks like Shambhala due to the colour of the track and supports [and landscape which look similar]. 

Yeah this is definitely more twisty, bendy and more ground hugging and looks to have more forceful moments over airtime. 

Still looks a great ride though.

• 3 years later...

**blows off dust and cobwebs**

From The Park that brought us Fury 325, comes another new addition for 2019. Copperhead Strike!

This will be a launch coaster from Mack rides, featuring five inversions and two launches, one of which is actually on the airtime hill itself (interesting). 

The ride will reach speeds of 50 MPH, which may sound remarkably slow, but I will honestly say it’s more about the layout than speed on these types of rides. 

Check out the trailer and POV videos below.

I like how Cedar Fair are theming up some of their newer additions.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...