Premium Merlin Annual Pass

Emma1980

Question

Hi Guys,

My premium pass is up for renewal on 24 September and I'm only going to Fright Nights once this year so hardly worth paying £111 renewal to then only spend one day at TP and then it closes 5 months and only get 6 months out of the pass.

I see that the premium passes full price is £199 - which is a big jump from £111 renewal!  When the sales come out in Jan 2015 how much are the premium passes?  Do they come down in price much?  Wondering whether I should purchase one then - but I guess again I'm only getting 6 months use of it because I can't use it until March and then only until Oct/Nov but at least I would have Fright nights included again....

What would you do?  Renew at £111 on 24 September and only go once or leave it until Jan and get the pass at a cheaper price and have the 6 months from March to Nov which will include Fright Night without having to renew just before... 

Any help appreciated as I'm stumped! :wacko:

4 answers to this question

I've just renewed my pass and they always seem to add on an extra seven days for free. Why not renew on the date of an early season fright night then you will also get to go to early fright nights next year too when they give you the extra week. I renewed on Sunday and my new pass is valid until 7th sept 2015

Whenever you renew the pass it will always include the closed season, it being annual, so is only ever good for 7 or so months with our shortish seasons. It might be bad psychologically to renew just before closed season, but in reality it makes no difference what so ever.

If you definitely want the pass next year I'd just renew now, it's a bit of a risk waiting until the sale as we can never know for sure what they'll offer and you'd have to factor in the £30 odd you'd have to pay for this years 'out of pass' fright nights visit too.

Whenever you renew the pass it will always include the closed season, it being annual, so is only ever good for 7 or so months with our shortish seasons. It might be bad psychologically to renew just before closed season, but in reality it makes no difference what so ever.

If you definitely want the pass next year I'd just renew now, it's a bit of a risk waiting until the sale as we can never know for sure what they'll offer and you'd have to factor in the £30 odd you'd have to pay for this years 'out of pass' fright nights visit too.

Our seasons are still better than every single American park that doesn't open all year around... It's always amusing to see Americans going "OMG new season starts tomorrow!!11" in May...