Fright Night Preview

winnie260

Question

I've just booked tickets to the Thorpe Park Fright Night preview. It asked me how many tickets I wanted so I selected 6. Me & my husband are pass holders as are our 2 children. The kids obviously won't be coming but I booked 6 thinking that our friends could comebut do they need to be pass holders too? Do they ask for your pass as well or do you just need the tickets?

17 answers to this question

Selected? Did I miss something. Usually fright nights has all the rides running?

All rides are open as far as I'm aware.

As for the 6000 limit, the limit was 6000 when the tickets were released as I was first to discover the link and book. Now it has been released publicly, the amount of remaining spaces seems to have disappeared. Whether 6000 is the limit or not I am not sure.

My guess is the mazes will warrant 30-60minute queues as they probably take about 1000pph. The rides will probably get no more over 10-15mins as most people will be at the mazes. Good night for the rides but not so much for the mazes as there is only 4hours to get on everything.

I thought it was on a Thursday last year too...?

The 6000 limit probably doesn't include VIP pass holders though, who apparently don't have to book.

Speaking of VIP holders, does anyone know if they get unlimited maze fastrack too? It could cause even more misery to those in the main queues if so.

The 6000 limit probably doesn't include VIP pass holders though, who apparently don't have to book.

Speaking of VIP holders, does anyone know if they get unlimited maze fastrack too? It could cause even more misery to those in the main queues if so.

It was on a Friday last year.

Nah, Thursday in previous years (not sure about 2012 though to be fair).  

Given there's only 1000 VIP holders max, and that all of them might not be available / interested, I don't think it'll be that bad for preview night.  Them getting unlimited maze Fastrack probably won't be *that* big a deal; though I guess we'll have to wait and see with that one!

For those worried about queues:  in previous years - definitely up until 2011 at least - the free night for Annual Pass holders was actually open to all guests; it was simply a case that it was treated as a preview night for everyone.  Those preview nights were always really quiet (literally walk ons for the mazes).  Making this a pre-book event might make it a bit more popular, since people love the exclusive feel, but I expect queues will be more than manageable, and it won't be as busy as last season's preview event.

How bad was last years preview event though? What were the queue times like?

Also I just found this, all rides being opened is unconfirmed but the majority will be open :).

Melanie Pinfield will all rides be in operation on preview night as got my tickets booked

4 September at 06:44

THORPE PARK Official Hi Melanie! We hope to have the majority of the rides operating on this event however it is yet to be confirmed

2 · 4 September at 07:01

Last year was on a Friday. Same process, 6000 people and I think they all attended near enough as the weather was fine. Coasters on one train had 15 minutes, mazes about 45/60 but most of them were new so not used to working at any throughput levels. They'll operate it just as a FN day, close some of the smaller stuff like Carousel and Rocky with everything else being open. Thursday night ones are dead though, and surprisingly the Fridays get around 6000 as well they're just on two trains and stuff so feel quieter.

If I can attend, I'm hoping its dead as not prepared to wait more than 30mins for anything as will be expecting to get a decent maze/ride count :). I reckon studio 13 will be really busy however, I'm guessing it will have over a 30minute queue all evening if not longer. You can't really predict the amount of people until the night comes around and you see how many people actually turn up to the event.