Online Queue Time Lists

Zach

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to double post and stuff, but as you lot are some of the main users of the site, I wanted some feedback on the redesign that will be deployed in around 2 weeks

BMFaDJd.pngThat's the page for an individual park

BurHI5T.pngThe page for a single ride, not quite sure what other stats and info to add to this page yet, ideas are appreciated.

mii69bF.pngThe new calendar page, note that the times are placeholders for now, but they will be obviously correct, maybe with ERT and other events shown above the main regular open times. You can click each of the days either in the past or the future to view the queue times for that day/predicted queue times for that day. It's still very much a work in progress, but hopefully the redesign will make the site easier to use, especially on mobiles. Finally, I will also start to log weather data, could be interesting for seeing if rides get busier/quieter depending on the weather. Any feedback is appreciated.

Random question, why on some of the parks are the most random of things included like Defibrillators and ATM's at Busch Gardens Tampa? Also, does the Thorpe Park list not update to include the Dodgems and IAC as they're now on the park boards?

The reason the random defibrillators are shown is because I have been too lazy to delete them, although I probably should when I get round to it. IAC and dodgems have not yet been added for the same reason, I'm just really lazy.

I've always wondered what does the percentage on the crowd calendar mean and will that be making a return

The percentage is probably not going to make a return for the main reason that nobody understood it except for me. What is was:

1. Each day was ranked based on how busy it was compared to the other days
  2. The days were then placed in order by this rank
  3. The percentage you see is based on this position, a day that is busier than 90% of the other days gets a percentage of 90%, meaning that the busiest day will be given a rank of 100%, and the quietest day gets a rank of 1%. This means that the actual rank of each day will change as more days are recorded, obviously they will not be accurate until I get an entire years data.

By changing to just a 4 colour system, it makes it much easier for the average person who googles "when to visit thorpe park", as they just want to find the day to visit with the shortest queues.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Zach!

I've used this site countless times before and I absolutley loved it. Very informative, easy to navigate and visually pleasing. Only now have I realised that you created this site. I believe I have recommended it to TPM members before!

Just wondering, where do you get your stats from? Thanks alot.

Zach!

I've used this site countless times before and I absolutley loved it. Very informative, easy to navigate and visually pleasing. Only now have I realised that you created this site. I believe I have recommended it to TPM members before!

Just wondering, where do you get your stats from? Thanks alot.

I've been collecting the data for a year and a half using Thorpes/other parks own data sources. For some reason Thorpe don't make it easy for the public to access which is why I created the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...