Re-Rides

OldFarmerDean

Mod Edit : went way off topic,so split from Dragon Fury topic to a shiny new one...

Didn't realise there was a rule on only being allowed to ride twice in a row before having to get off and go back through the queue to health and safety!?

We asked the Batcher to go for a 3rd time and she was fine... Then we got to the final section before being sent off and one of the other people on the platform said we cannot ride again and had to stop the ride and get the key to unlock our seats and made us get off.

Apart from that annoying rule.. The ride was running amazing and spinning fast! :)

It always strikes me as utterly stupid to not allow re-rides. There is no harm to anyone if they let you stay on if there is no one trying to get on. Only 2 rides in a row sounds ridiculous, either allow them or don't, not have some stupid rule which cases delays.

Cedar Point encouraged re-rides, TTD they forced people to stay on because of the weight of the trains.

The attendant would have been told to do so by the operator, they cannot just decide to get people out and step on the track.

There are reasons why guests shouldn't reride, it may have seemed like there was no one else in the queue but there probably was out of view, and Fury's station is very fast paced it wouldn't take much longer to load them instead.

With Fury Ive very rarely seen the queue dead for long enough that guests don't need to leave the car, let alone 3 times in a row, but when that is the case staff are usually happy to let people reride.

The attendant would have been told to do so by the operator, they cannot just decide to get people out and step on the track.

There are reasons why guests shouldn't reride, it may have seemed like there was no one else in the queue but there probably was out of view, and Fury's station is very fast paced it wouldn't take much longer to load them instead.

With Fury Ive very rarely seen the queue dead for long enough that guests don't need to leave the car, let alone 3 times in a row, but when that is the case staff are usually happy to let people reride.

On the contrary, it's far faster to just send the car with reriding guests in it then to go through the processes of stopping the car, releasing four restraints and essentially grinding the ride to a complete halt. I also remember days when the park opened at 10 and not seeing a single guest at Fury until 11am so reiriding guests on quiet days is not uncommon. The most I saw as my time as an operator was 15 times in a row. 

The Batcher said it was fine... shortly after once the restraints had locked the ride op stood on the platform, said we've already ridden twice and we can't ride again, so went to the booth and asked the operator to stop the ride and then got the key off them. There was nobody in the queue, but the time it took to stop the ride and climb down to undo our restraints there were then a few cars worth o

f people waiting.

But I would say most of the time dragons fury was being sent round empty, so don't presume you know how busy it was as you weren't there...

It is a bit annoying how they say it's to do with health and safety... But they just pick and choose what suits - now the ride op on the platform wouldn't have gone out of his way unless he knew he could have got in trouble for it.

I just think Merlin need to decide what rules they got and why, and make it consistent throughout the parks!!

Six flags don't care, cedar fair don't care. There really the only set of other parks I know. That is what the case should be across all merlin parks. If there is no queue, then let people stay on rather than making them run round. Running round oblivion is a nightmare and so is nemesis. Its much nicer hearing an announcement saying "no one is in the line we need at least ## of people to stay on."

Despite thorpe having worse operations than other merlin parks, the best thing about their rides is that they encourage you to re-ride. Especially on the likes of samurai they encourage you to stay on and go round again. Summer nights would have been am absolute pain if I couldn't have stayed on the likes of Colossus, nemesis and swarm. Re-riding the rides is what is great about when a park is empty and if you have to walk through the queue again it completely defeats the point of that!

It is a bit annoying how they say it's to do with health and safety... But they just pick and choose what suits - now the ride op on the platform wouldn't have gone out of his way unless he knew he could have got in trouble for it.

I just think Merlin need to decide what rules they got and why, and make it consistent throughout the parks!!

In their defense, I can see where re-riding Fury could raise a H&S issue as it can be a very spinny ride and I myself often feel faint after riding it once, say for instance you re-rode the ride a number of times, then complained of dizzyness/feeling faint or even completely blacked out or something. Then that will essentially be down to the rides team for letting you on.

I'm probably completely wrong I know, but I think that pinning H&S problems onto that sort of situation on Fury is rather justifiable, albeit slightly haphazard a la Merlin. 

However, if the op went that much out of their way, then surely it really was an issue? I know some hosts can be a bit awkward at times but it's worth the thought I suppose.

Ok well sounds like somebody just got the wrong end of the stick. As I said, usually staff are happy to let guests reride.

Because of the new early rider system there are usually guests coming to Fury right from opening, even quiet days. But there is no 'rule' as such that means you can't reride, so it's a bit odd you were told that, it's just down to the operator's judgement.

Thorpe have the best re-ride policy.  If there is someone in your row, you get off and fill the empty seats.  Otherwise you can just stay on!  Also it's great that they sometimes let you go back behind the gates and wait.

Agreed. I have never had a problem with re riding at Thorpe, and like you said, even if the train is full you can just go behind the air gates again. 

At Towers it was very annoying, they were using 1/2 trains in the station on Oblivion, most of the seats were empty and they still wouldn't let us re ride, we had to walk all the way around the queue every single time, very annoying.

With Chessington I think they should either allow re rides, like thorpe or not allow them at all like towers. It could be very confusing for quests and staff, having to count and will result in delays like mentioned on fury. 

Six flags don't care, cedar fair don't care. There really the only set of other parks I know. That is what the case should be across all merlin parks. If there is no queue, then let people stay on rather than making them run round. Running round oblivion is a nightmare and so is nemesis. Its much nicer hearing an announcement saying "no one is in the line we need at least ## of people to stay on."

Erm I'm sorry but Titan at Six Flags over Texas has a rule that you can not re ride after riding incase of blackouts this is every so 30 min rest.

Park Policy prohibits re-rides due to the extreme G-forces. Riders must always exit the ride and station before boarding the coaster for subsequent rides

Towers blanket no-reride policy yadda yadda guest had heart attack yadda yadda only way of ensuring everyones fit and healthy before riding as they can develop illnesses or realise they'd best not push themselves whilst walking through queueline yadda yadda.

I pushed myself whilst riding a ride earlier this year, on a park which didn't have a re-ride policy... I ended up almost collapsing as Benzin will confirm. I felt perfectly fine until I decided to stand up off the ride and walk off.

Erm I'm sorry but Titan at Six Flags over Texas has a rule that you can not re ride after riding incase of blackouts this is every so 30 min rest.

Park Policy prohibits re-rides due to the extreme G-forces. Riders must always exit the ride and station before boarding the coaster for subsequent rides

Titan is almost identical to Goliath and I'm pretty sure that is rerideable. The Six Flags chain is just as if not more inconstant with rerides than Merlin.

Disney let you reride where it is possible and there isn't a queue. Early morning Splash.

Towers blanket no-reride policy yadda yadda guest had heart attack yadda yadda only way of ensuring everyones fit and healthy before riding as they can develop illnesses or realise they'd best not push themselves whilst walking through queueline yadda yadda.

I pushed myself whilst riding a ride earlier this year, on a park which didn't have a re-ride policy... I ended up almost collapsing as Benzin will confirm. I felt perfectly fine until I decided to stand up off the ride and walk off.

I think on that day it was insanely warm and we had minimal fluid that day... Lots of variables that can affect riders, especially with constant forces...