Logger's Leap

Garyy

The character of loggers leap is helped because of the tunnel. There is variety in this log flume which in my opinion makes it the best I have ridden in the uk. Without it it'll be just another log flume! I hope if they don't replace it next season that they will in the future as that is a very good part of the ride I think and it won't be the same without it.

I can see it now new ride for 2013....

Sad news, the roof from the tunnel on the first lift will be removed over the closed season due to Health & Safety. It was rotting away and collapsing all last season so it was really just a matter of time.

I have so many fond memories of going on that ride, very early memories of going it for the first time and not expecting the first drop so soon. I really hope that it's replaced, seriously.

If they don't replace the roof, then it shows they really don't want to or can't be arsed to maintain these rides. There is nothing wrong with loggers, it just needs some TLC. Remove the roof and you take away part of the ride. But lets see what they do when it opens up, they may replace it or do it up, also one thing I didn't like was the emergency lights had greed LEDs which spoilt it, I want my tunnel to be dark and not lit up with LEDs.

It will be such a shame if this does happen and Thorpe do not replace the roof as soon as possible. In my opinion they will be ruining one of the best water rides in the UK!

To be honest, the entire Diamond Mine cave on the Tirol Log Flume at Europa-Park is being removed this closed season for a similar problem. Rotting, moulding - disgusting really.

:ph34r:

Oh no that's such a shame :( So the Log Flume and the Alpine Coaster will be left completely out in the open? :o

It will be such a shame if this does happen and Thorpe do not replace the roof as soon as possible. In my opinion they will be ruining one of the best water rides in the UK!

Oh no that's such a shame :( So the Log Flume and the Alpine Coaster will be left completely out in the open? :o

Ahem. Come on. Everywhere at EP is immaculate! As if anything like this would ACTUALLY happen. Can you imagine it?

Was just thinking, perhaps the flooding and excessive rain lately probably finally caused it to give way? If it did fall through by itself, Merlin are VERY lucky it didn't happen mid-season...

It did partly in a very small section near the entrance of the tunnel, but they repaired it as it was minor. From what I've heard though is that this is down to Health and Safety due to the rotting of the tunnel; and not by direct choice, but words are words I guess.

It did partly in a very small section near the entrance of the tunnel, but they repaired it as it was minor. From what I've heard though is that this is down to Health and Safety due to the rotting of the tunnel; and not by direct choice, but words are words I guess.

It is not down to health and safety. Sorry for the being pedantic, but blaming or excusing these things on the always mythical 'health and safety' really chafes my pickle.

There is no health and safety executive directive saying tunnels on log flumes can't exist. There is common sense saying you can not have theming falling in peoples faces, DLRP tried that and it didn't work out well. The only reason it would be in danger of collapse, and therefore not be able to remain, is if Thorpe failed to maintain it properly (or didn't build it properly in the first place but that seems unlikely here as it has been there longer than most people on this forum have been alive).

It has been and can continue to be done safely. If they are removing it is because of their unwillingness to maintain it to a reasonable standard, not because it can't be done due to 'health and safety'.

#rant