Logger's Leap

Garyy

Neither - the rocks removal project was the best thing ever to be done to that ride, even Chessington admitted soon after how much it had improved the ride.

Sauce?

Cos, just... The only 'improvement' to the ride it made was the ability to put a set of evac stairs on the main lift, aside from that, it looks horrid all bare and naked... Indeed, the top of Falls needs SOMETHING, because it's so boring up there...

#bringbackthefallsrocks

Never gonna happen, putting rocks back in now would be a costly and ponitless task.

#rocksarenotrollinganymore

I think H&S inspections had found issues with the rocks safety. Let's remember, back in 2005 when it was changed, it was 18 years old, then in 2008 I think, Falls was condemned because the supports under the chute after the main drop (opposite Peeking Heights) were deemed unsafe, and they were modified or replaced. It's 26 years old this year and is still in good nick.

It seems that people don't like changes at Chessington generally. Shame - things do change, for the better. People just can't seem to see that Chessington needs to be bought upto date in some areas, it has been so far to an extent but is forever ongoing at a very slow pace.

To bring this back on topic, isn't Loggers Leap fun with its awesome double drop. Just hope they have the water running down it again this year.

Yep, Loggers is awesome fun :)

The water running down the drop has always been on when ever I have been to thorpe last year, as far as I'm aware, loggers has been running perfectly well last season. I visited 4 times last year(april,july,september,october) and the water has always been running down the big drop ;) Well... maybe it hasn't(because I don't really look properly) but does it make a difference? Does it make a bigger splash or something?

I haven't been on it in a long time...Why did they turn the water off?

Usually it is a fault with the pump or as an operator on Tidal Wave once told me it can be because the level in the lake/water pool is too low and the pump/pipe isn't reaching the water. I think this happens a lot on Tidal Wave when there has been a lack of rain.

Usually it is a fault with the pump or as an operator on Tidal Wave once told me it can be because the level in the lake/water pool is too low and the pump/pipe isn't reaching the water. I think this happens a lot on Tidal Wave when there has been a lack of rain.

Ahhh ok. I never knew they pumped it directly from the lake. I always thought they had a separate water reserves somewhere, specifically for the rides. Cheers for the answer though Matt :)

In an attempt to avoid the derailing of this thread any further the health and safety discussion can continue here.

In case it has been missed in all that, I think one thing the we can take from the Saw maintenance photo on the last page is that as of now the tunnel appears to still be there. At least the start of it is, I wonder how long lasts....

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, if that tunnel disappeared I'd not want to go on it ever again. It may seem extreme but that's just how I feel about it :closedeyes:

The double drop is fun, but if it wasn't for that dark drop I'd just find it so boring so I'd just miss it out every time.

It would be like Rumba Rapids without the tunnel, there'd be nothing fun/exciting about it, just another bog-standard water ride :(

Its only a tunnel, guys! Can't see the big deal.

Well I can now it's in the daylight. :D

Lets rename it Loggers Light.

Yeah it's not as bad as that horrible massive middle finger to the eyes rope on Stealth guys :mellow:

I will miss the tunnel if it's gone, but I shan't be losing any sleep over it. I'm interested to see what they'll do to the area, if anything.