Logger's Leap

Garyy

Ahh good

CoasterJamie's post made it sound like it was left in that state for all to see, but the park have made an effort to clearly obscure the view

The first picture shows the ride (taken by holding the camera higher than the fence), the second one shows the fence hiding the ride.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be sad if loggers does go, by far my favourite water ride at the park. But personally I can't see it staying, would cost an awful lot to revamp.

Could see the area being used for a major investment, take loggers, rocky and remainings of CCR out and they have a massive space to play with. Old town would be the best place for a woodie at Thorpe in my opinion, and if SW8 goes down well at Towers ya never know 

• 3 weeks later...

Making the case even worse for loggers survival, from saw one can see branches in the trough and it seems as if there is no belt on the first lift. However from samurai one can see there are still a few boats within the station but the actual queue line already is getting a multitude of plants growing through it.

4 minutes ago, Matt10 said:

Making the case even worse for loggers survival, from saw one can see branches in the trough and it seems as if there is no belt on the first lift. However from samurai one can see there are still a few boats within the station but the actual queue line already is getting a multitude of plants growing through it.

So the refurbishment is coming on well then! :rolleyes:

TBH I don't why they just knocked down Storm Surge instead of Loggers closure.

I don't think anyone would care if Storm Surge was gone, where Log Flumes are pretty popular.

But at least they've started the refurbishment, some overgrown plants, some neglected Q-line, and no progress at all!

Got to love merlin..

2 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have Thorpe ever said there was a refurbishment on the cards. Is it even re-opening in 2017?

Here's the official line:  https://www.thorpepark.com/faqs/

Opened in 1989, Loggers Leap has been a form favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Loggers Leap is out of action for 2016 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in 2017 to the Resort.

Thanks everyone for doing the searching so I didn't have to. ;)

It all sounds really wishy washy. Winky face emojis in the tweet, 'the resort hopes' on the official website. Until they say what they are doing, I'd consider Loggers isn't getting anything done or an major relevance.

Yep - the word "hope" is very important there...

I guess in the age of blame culture and suing, they have to add things like hope to cover themselves. Maybe they are assessing it at the moment to see how costly it would be to repair/upgrade verses a new attraction to go onto the same footprint.

I would bet my non existent annual pass that Loggers just sits there doing nothing in 2017.

I know for one thing that in parts the ride is being kept up with acrowprops - which are only meant to be temporary - which suggests that structurally Loggers needs work long-term. Just got to wait for Merlin to do the number crunching now. Luckily there haven't been any costly delays and modifications to new rides at Thorpe this year to eat up the budget... oh wait ;)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ThemeParkLover said:

I like the ride but don't think it's worth it. I know loggers is a classic at the park but there's so many other water rides at the park and loggers takes up so much space. I don't know why they would keep it.

Because it's popular? Just because you don't think it's not worth it doesnt mean that they should get rid of it.