Logger's Leap

Garyy

I'm usually fairly optimistic about bad situations, but I doubt Loggers will be returning.

After walking down Monks Walk on Thursday, the ride is in an absolutely appalling state. No signs of any redevelopment taking place.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not hopeful that my favourite nose-breaking log flume will come back..

33 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

It's a log ride. There's wood involved. Just get B&Q involved and be on your way. ;)

That's brilliant! :crazy:

I will be gutted if Loggers doesn't make a return, but at the same time it wouldn't come as a shock considering the age of it.  It would be such a shame - that double drop :wub:

Has NO work on refurb happened at all? - could they be doing some maintenance  behind the scenes, so to speak or are they literally leaving it there to rot?

It's one of Thorpes Classic rides and I think Log flumes are just a great addition to parks as they appeal to a wide range of people - and you get to cool off (albeit in scabby lake water) - the only ride you can cool off on at TP is Tidal Wave and that is taking cooling off to an extreme!

2 hours ago, MilesK said:

I'm usually fairly optimistic about bad situations, but I doubt Loggers will be returning.

After walking down Monks Walk on Thursday, the ride is in an absolutely appalling state. No signs of any redevelopment taking place.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not hopeful that my favourite nose-breaking log flume will come back..

It don't look much different to it does in a normal closed season! I wouldn't look to much into that although I'm not to confident it will return :(

On 26/08/2016 at 5:20 PM, ThemeParkLover said:

I like the ride but don't think it's worth it. I know loggers is a classic at the park but there's so many other water rides at the park and loggers takes up so much space. I don't know why they would keep it.

Because it's still a popular ride and a queue-shifter after years of operation.

Sorry but I would prefer a big investment in the space of loggers then a loggers "renovation", I loved the flume and thought it was the best log flume in England but am glad it's going because it's being replaced with a GCI. Loggers is no different, I like it but I would rather something more thrilling. It does bring in a crowd and if it was a renovation I wouldn't complain as its not what it used to be, I'm just saying its space that could be something better.

A friend of mine went to Thorpe Park yesterday for the first time in years, met him on the Friday before for a catch up.

"I love the log flume" he said. I had to disappoint him.

"Oh. Is that SAW Alive maze open? My other half will love that" Ummm....

"Oh. He's looking forward to trying out Derren Brown's Ghost Train though" Errr....

I did point out that on the plus side, Stealth had just reopened so it could've been worse ;)

I think the last time he went, he had a rollback on Stealth so shows how long ago it must've been!

On 26/08/2016 at 6:20 PM, ThemeParkLover said:

I like the ride but don't think it's worth it. I know loggers is a classic at the park but there's so many other water rides at the park and loggers takes up so much space. I don't know why they would keep it.

Loggers?

Rumba and Storm Surge are way more worthy candidates to get demolished..

I would actually pay to see Storm Surge get demolished, So I can finally ride X without my eyes bleeding due to its colour scheme..

Plus Tidal is only really good for two months of the year, Loggers is probably the best out of the water rides..

4 hours ago, imindetonator said:

Loggers?

Rumba and Storm Surge are way more worthy candidates to get demolished..

I would actually pay to see Storm Surge get demolished, So I can finally ride X without my eyes bleeding due to its colour scheme..

Plus Tidal is only really good for two months of the year, Loggers is probably the best out of the water rides..

That and Storm Surge is the most boring thing ever

Loggers Leap is miles ahead of Storm Surge! Now that it's gone I think it might be in my top three rides. So many of the rides at thorpe aim to be terrifying that there are so few rides left that are just meant for you to have a laugh, and loggers is one of them. Plus, the first time I did it, that double drop was the most amazing surprise ever. I did not know log flumes were capable of that. I'm surprised I haven't seen that kind of drop on other log flumes I've been on. Whilst I'd love for there to be an extreme coaster put there in its place, I feel like a thrilling family coaster wouldn't go amiss, or a thrill coaster that's just fun and not "OH MY GOD IT GOES UPSIDE DOWN 20 TIMES AND GOES BACKWARDS AND HAS A BEYOND 90 DEGREE DROP OMG." I prefer loggers to saw and tidal wave. I would have said Swarm too if it weren't for those amazing seats and restraints which make you feel like you're being cuddled by a big friendly bear.

11 minutes ago, RobF said:

Anyone think that loggers queueline could be well utilised this fright nights, for a maze queueline ?

It might be actually, I saw two staff members in the queue line whilst on Samurai - no idea what they were doing though!

Of course what they should really do is open Loggers!