Logger's Leap

Garyy

On 03/11/2016 at 10:49 PM, RobF said:

Even if the area is redeveloped to include thorpes next attraction that doesnt mean loggers has to go, it could be redeveloped/ slighly rerouted to facilitate a coaster ect in the area.

I think CCR had that happen when they were building SAW so that means maybe they could do that with loggers if a coaster is built in the area

I hope Loggers Leap dosent go because it a classic at the park and is part of their history many

people loved the ride I have heard rumours by staff it will reopen but they have no clue when

and that it WILL HAVE A NEW SPONSOR and a new theme, I know this is a bit off topic but

maybe the theme might change to around the new restraunts/stalls in the area like cornish

pasties and spinella, to me this gives me a western type theme. I did ride loggers and it

was the best log flume I have rode and the double drop was amazing. Hopefully, it does

reopen in 2017 season hopefully not with IL sponsor or vr lol, but the state loggers was when I did

platform 15 was horrific but I did spot a little work but I am praying this favourite reopens.

32 minutes ago, Callum_ said:

I hope Loggers Leap dosent go because it a classic at the park and is part of their history many

people loved the ride I have heard rumours by staff it will reopen but they have no clue when

and that it WILL HAVE A NEW SPONSOR and a new theme, I know this is a bit off topic but

maybe the theme might change to around the new restraunts/stalls in the area like cornish

pasties and spinella, to me this gives me a western type theme. I did ride loggers and it

was the best log flume I have rode and the double drop was amazing. Hopefully, it does

reopen in 2017 season hopefully not with IL sponsor or vr lol, but the state loggers was when I did

platform 15 was horrific but I did spot a little work but I am praying this favourite reopens.

In what area of the ride was the work happening???

4 hours ago, Callum_ said:

and that it WILL HAVE A NEW SPONSOR and a new theme, I 

Please if it reopens and is sponsored DONT MAKE THAT SPONSOR IMPERIAL LEATHER!!!

21 minutes ago, Josh3103 said:

Please if it reopens and is sponsored DONT MAKE THAT SPONSOR IMPERIAL LEATHER!!!

It won't be imperial leather. They didn't sponsor Bubbleworks in its final couple of years and they don't sponsor the Flume any more because it's no longer there. I doubt they would want to sponsor Loggers' anyway, it can't really be changed into Soapy-mc-soap-face

Did anyone else do the BTS tour of Platform 15? The staff there did say 'RIP Loggers Leap' as we were walking past it, as did the person who emailed me from the VIP team who reffered to Platform 15's queue as being where the 'former' Loggers Leap ride was. Not that staff are always 100% in the know, but I would be genuinely surprised if it came back.

I'm pretty sure the ride is gonna close as a bunch of Lumberjacks protested on the entrance saying how the ride stigmatized them..;)

Seriously though, if the ride does close I hope Merlin next year actually invest in the area.

Rocky Express is the only thing left, and the area feels abandoned.

Even some of the food outlets in the area are starting to close..

16 hours ago, silenthillXD said:

I'm guessing the space will be left open till their next major investment year, which considering DBGT probably cost a bomb being closed for so long, having so many technical issues, and being a bit of a disaster all around, may be a while. I wouldn't expect to see anything there for at least 4 or so years. I hope I am wrong. 

You know that the company can choose to fund a park project any time, the 'major investments' cycle is an investment structure, a structure for how to increase returns with new attractions based on a 4 year guest responsiveness (ie. they want to spread the money they spend on new projects just as much as it takes to keep guests coming back).

Its always quoted by fans and staff but I wonder how many have really thought about why it has to be that way. Its essentially an often-flawed system Merlin created to spend as little necessary to get the biggest results, a model for new attractions considering them purely as monetary investments, because the company is now so ruled by shareholders and large that it apparently needs so much red tape to get things done. Loggers should have come under refurbishment and maintenance years ago.

Merlin on the whole are a billion pound valued company and build entire visitor attractions in other continents quite regularly now and deal with big companies. They can get a log flume working. They can build an entirely new log flume if they wanted to.

They just choose to budget in an extremely tight structure and focus on company shares and profit maximisation over guest experience. Also the investment cycle is technically per Merlin Magic Making attraction developments and not budgets for the park to refurbish existing rides, however 9 times out of 10 they will make a marketing led decision to keep existing rides in poor conditions for years until they get to the investment year and can then tart it up and call it something else. It's purely business and marketing-led decisions.  Quite a shame this happens so often under Merlin and this is not what the best theme parks out there behave like.