Logger's Leap

Garyy

I would think neither - they still aren't sure what to do with it and there are probably various reasons why they wouldn't send photos as it isn't the norm, even photos of other rides in the complex during close season. It would be like asking them to show photos of the Bubbleworks redevelopment.

I guess the only way to tell for sure would be to go up Monks Walk - can it be seen from there?

2 minutes ago, Josh3103 said:

I asked Thorpe Park to show some pictures of loggers to see how the redevelopment is going and they said they wouldn't be showing pics of it because its still under redevelopment

Does this mean they've started renovations or do u think it's a sign that they don't want to show pictures because its currently being dismantled?

Or its rotted away to nothingness. Slightly depressing.

And the fate of Loggers has now officially been revealed. For 2017 at least anyway, but it was imminent.

Source Theme Park Guide.

15192749_1125938557461442_90186083589465

Bash them all you like but I feel there are/were multiple reasons for this closure safety being one of them and given 2015 and their demographic audience (who would often stand up etc.) it was going to happen.

23 minutes ago, Benin said:

But I thought Thorpe wanted to bring more families to the park?

And treating Twitter responses as the official line? Never a good idea with the distinct lack of communication between departments...

You would however expect those dealing with the public to know the facts... 

So it's going to be sat doing absolutely nothing for two seasons? No, I'm sorry, but that's absolutely shocking.

I also hate how they're still trying to pass it off as "redevelopment," they said that last year and no matter what happens to the area in the future, it was NOT being redeveloped, nor was it being "rennovated" (as they said in their official statement) throughout last year.

That's twice that they have openly lied to the public, I really hope they don't make this a third.

1 minute ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Open, or at least some visible sign of work taking place on it.

It is a shame that it's not going to be opening, but I'm sure Thorpe know more about the rides current situation than you or I. They have shown that they do care about getting rides open (Slammer every year, Samurai and all those times around Fright Nights that Stealth craps itself). 

It would be good to hear an official statement from the park about the ride, rather than nerds harrassing them on social media and over analysing throwaway comments. Hopefully they'll speak about it soon :) 

30 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

So it's going to be sat doing absolutely nothing for two seasons? No, I'm sorry, but that's absolutely shocking.

I also hate how they're still trying to pass it off as "redevelopment," they said that last year and no matter what happens to the area in the future, it was NOT being redeveloped, nor was it being "rennovated" (as they said in their official statement) throughout last year.

That's twice that they have openly lied to the public, I really hope they don't make this a third.

If loggers leap is removed and a new ride opens in its place, it has then been redeveloped. 

This is not rollercoaster tycoon, you can right click on loggers leap, delete it and place a new ride in its place over night, ideas need to be thought up, plans drawn up this is before they even apply for any permission needed but is all part of a re-development process. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What do you expect it to do, go for a walk?

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect the park to at least be doing something with it?

The whole thing seems bizarre, you have to ask why they are doing this? I can't think of any obvious reason, so they must have one. I'm sure that it wouldn't be closed unless there is plans or good reason. 

1 minute ago, Marc said:

If loggers leap is removed and a new ride opens in its place, it has then been redeveloped. 

This is not rollercoaster tycoon, you can right click on loggers leap, delete it and place a new ride in its place over night, ideas need to be thought up, plans drawn up this is before they even apply for any permission needed but is all part of a re-development process. 

True, but Loggers Leap should have remained open throughout this process. Unless, as I am guessing, the cost of keeping it in a state where it is able to run was too much, so they are just letting it rot whilst making up other plans for the area.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

The thing is the park probably are working on it, just not visibly. The ride's shut and whilst it's a pain, everyone just needs to be patient and see what they do with this. If it's in the same state in 2 years time then yes you can start to worry :P 

I'm not sure why it seems to have always been a thing with Thorpe and Chessington where they offer very little transparency as to what is going on. They should just be honest and say "Yeah, it's knackered, would cost £50,000 to fix it up so we're going to get some plans in to demolish it and build a new coaster" which I'd say is the most likely scenario at the moment.

10 minutes ago, JDann said:

True, but Loggers Leap should have remained open throughout this process. Unless, as I am guessing, the cost of keeping it in a state where it is able to run was too much, so they are just letting it rot whilst making up other plans for the area.

I agree in an ideal world it would be - but let's say for arguments sake it would cost x amount to keep it open and they had plans to remove it within 5 years then it makes sense why they don't spend on it - there are obviously reasons behind its closure but as you say we don't know them!

1 hour ago, Marc said:

It hasn't been redeveloped or rennovated throughout 2016, which was the official line from Thorpe.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up RCT3, it's obvious to me that Loggers can't open for whatever reason, what I'm getting at is that Thorpe's handling of the situation is absolutely atrocious.  Telling people it's being rennovated throughout 2016, which whilst not directly stating it gives the impression that it will reopen in 2017; and when combined with the phrase "we hope for it to make a splash back in 2017" is blatantly misleading people within the boundaries of not quite stating it as fact.

I think it's wrong to make excuses for the fact that it's "just" social media, they are representing Thorpe and as such any information given to people should be accurate.  If they don't know, then they should be honest and say that the ride is "closed."

Regarding the ride itself, any park worth its salt would realise it was coming towards the end of its working life, therefore plans for whatever (refurbishment, replacement, or anything else) would be drawn up well before the ride is in a state where it can't open.

If this was refurbishment of the ride then I would be forgiving of it being closed during some of the season, if there was work going on!  Take Valhalla for example, the entire facade was replaced over winter 2011/12 which then ran into the season until May, but there was work constantly going on and then it reopened when it was ready.  Another example is the log flume at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach where large portions of the trough were replaced this year, which can't be an easy task; it was closed until summer but work was going in the winter before that and throughout the season up until summer.

I don't pretend to know why Loggers Leap is closed, and I don't doubt that there is a good reason, but it's the combination of the awful handling of the closure and the fact that it's going to be closed for at least two seasons (and subsequent closed seasons) with absolutely nothing happening to it.

To add insult to injury, they're STILL saying things like this;

30338732754_bc1c3bbfde_b.jpg

31160034945_4a0bf80698_b.jpg

(These were posted today in response to Twitter users asking about Loggers).

18 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

It hasn't been redeveloped or rennovated throughout 2016, which was the official line from Thorpe.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up RCT3, it's obvious to me that Loggers can't open for whatever reason, what I'm getting at is that Thorpe's handling of the situation is absolutely atrocious.  Telling people it's being rennovated throughout 2016, which whilst not directly stating it gives the impression that it will reopen in 2017; and when combined with the phrase "we hope for it to make a splash back in 2017" is blatantly misleading people within the boundaries of not quite stating it as fact.

I think it's wrong to make excuses for the fact that it's "just" social media, they are representing Thorpe and as such any information given to people should be accurate.  If they don't know, then they should be honest and say that the ride is "closed."

Regarding the ride itself, any park worth its salt would realise it was coming towards the end of its working life, therefore plans for whatever (refurbishment, replacement, or anything else) would be drawn up well before the ride is in a state where it can't open.

If this was refurbishment of the ride then I would be forgiving of it being closed during some of the season, if there was work going on!  Take Valhalla for example, the entire facade was replaced over winter 2011/12 which then ran into the season until May, but there was work constantly going on and then it reopened when it was ready.  Another example is the log flume at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach where large portions of the trough were replaced this year, which can't be an easy task; it was closed until summer but work was going in the winter before that and throughout the season up until summer.

I don't pretend to know why Loggers Leap is closed, and I don't doubt that there is a good reason, but it's the combination of the awful handling of the closure and the fact that it's going to be closed for at least two seasons (and subsequent closed seasons) with absolutely nothing happening to it.

Apart from insult to injury take it as positives - until they announce it's being removed then we can only assume it will reopen at some point in the future.

Who knows what will happen - hopefully something concrete is announced soon either way!

37 minutes ago, Marc said:

Apart from insult to injury take it as positives - until they announce it's being removed then we can only assume it will reopen at some point in the future.

Who knows what will happen - hopefully something concrete is announced soon either way!

I see what you mean, but frankly I don't want to look forward to it reopening to then be let down, as they've already shown that their communications on social media are misleading/not accurate;

31125037626_d181bbd235_m.jpg

31017053052_ae1768e345_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Coaster Jamie said:

How do you honestly know that absolutely nothing is going on with Loggers Leap? Enlighten us all, please do, you clearly have inside knowledge.