Logger's Leap

Garyy

2 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

And how long ago were those pictures taken? How do you know work hasn't been done on the rest of it?

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Who even has time to care about Loggers Leap, Goldberg beat Brock Lesnar in under 2 minutes lmao

When the main event is nearly an hour shorter than the Survivor Series match you have a problem imo

13 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

And how long ago were those pictures taken? How do you know work hasn't been done on the rest of it?

Those pictures were taken in September, the ride looked the same during Fright Nights (it was visible from the queueline of Platform 15).

The rest of the ride was visible from Platform 15 during daytime walkthroughs, and it is in the same condition as the sections in the photos.

3 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

The photos were taken in September, the ride looked the same during Fright Nights (it was visible from the queueline of Platform 15).

The rest of the ride was visible from Platform 15 during daytime walkthroughs, and it is in the same condition as the sections in the photos.

And what about behind the scenes? They could have postponed it while they make a decision.

Just now, ChessingtonSam said:

And what about behind the scenes? They could have postponed it while they make a decision.

By behind the scenes I'm assuming you mean in the station, seeing as the rest of the ride was visible from P15?

The possibility of a decision having not been made yet has already been said (more or less).

Just now, Coaster Jamie said:

By behind the scenes I'm assuming you mean in the station, seeing as the rest of the ride was visible from P15?

The possibility of a decision having not been made yet has already been said (more or less).

No, by behind the scenes I mean at Merlin.

I can assure you, nothing has been done to the surrounding area of LL for the entire 2016 season, After going on BTS of Platform 15 on the 29th October, there was literally no change, apart from a bear in the trough.

r_qwx4M1twwueVYl69mHDKEpaOfblHNRhxkqbamTxS9mbx6jdlM1_VKiw6d008u960nzPYztK_SML38WrG7MXfQfs2ruYeB6OU8nIYq7n4vQ5L6Z_jv8cyLt3Zs5dVYJazesKcS386LwAGd5YsGYroThQOQv_auAmAv1Lz3bruvPzjpJip1G2sClHFqszIkCDsAd-4ABQ4pbefeSdioxsb9ZnWGYQ2hGt4C01RxWWvgZF0a6N-taSF3qJBlvPyR3DCZrcSp7kgnP9BL1jjjtym4BrYJG1AZvgRXoioPeMNMik5LEhndKMeIfShcHEJCssXOo2kp0gJldw8EOFLqPXycblGOy22b7A3L8zxIPD-yJ-iG8Lqsl81Reaa0EZlaffN3fubXuaijLIzTjujtfjOzYmsAej486y_-ktt-IFAWOSK765GSTy-ePtzmppk23TPdsOV7_siC016PI_015kf_0St8Id2Top-tyNNgykUlahWbvKrVGAL1q3OU7lIjexduvzdQDOT4KPH4p-xswa0mcQs_BR2HwPwvbAPQi8iymM6wZXwaxAMCXcjBzToDYdlJRnrCG2fsd0S5y-PSwR4EDWFn1gvi1LYgFdr1HfZr5fJItqg=w1689-h950-no

You can just see his rump there!

That's not to say nothing has been done since, but it's highly likely nothing has...

The way Merlin are handling the situation is frankly embarrassing, it feels as if nobody there knows what's going on with it which is what is winding everyone up. Considering they've had a whole year to look over the ride and make there decision its pretty piss poor and highlights there lack of professionalism that there sending out mixed messages in tweets really isn't helping the situation.

I will be gutted if the ride has been removed even if they plan to replace it with a roller coaster in the future, I don't want a roller coaster I want a log flume/water attraction as a like for like replacement if you will. Without it they only have Tidal wave as I would rather have a coffee enema than ride storm dirge.

Social and media departments wont be in the loop as much as people always credit them for, they might not even be experienced with the kinds of decisions theme parks make or the way Merlin likes to flip flop. People inside Chessington didnt even know their "New ride for 2016" was cancelled at first. Then of course the "Dragon River refurbishment" announcements, "Hex are Charlie are currently being refurbished" situations at Alton Towers.

Also, we'd know for sure if renovation was being carried out on Loggers because the maintenance it needs is all stuff out in eyeshot like replenishing the building, fixing the troughs and drop, etc. They havnt been secretly taking things away in the night so that nobody notices.

What you see isn't what you get with a company like this, anything could happen really.  We know guests are badly affected by this and Loggers' loss with no replacement would really detract from the park's offering. But the only certain way to get their system to take notice is if visitor numbers and their shoddy iPad satisfaction stats fall off. 

On 22/11/2016 at 8:03 AM, Josh3103 said:

I'm really disappointed in how they are treating this I think the best thing for Thorpe to do is to announce the permanent  closure and then just remove it and construct the GCI wooden coaster

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea of this GCI Woodie from?

It hasn't been confirmed, nor hinted at and there are certainly no planning applications around, Just because Towers have replaced their Log Flume with a Wooden Coaster, doesn't mean Thorpe will.

With the state that LL is in right now, It's probably wise to remove it despite the backlash they may recieve, I know a lot of the GP were asking about it throughout the year so it does still peak the publics interest despite it being SBNO.

3 hours ago, Deftoneish said:

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea of this GCI Woodie from?

I just think a Woodie would fit in with the theme of Canada Creek even though I think removing loggers would result In a lot of unhappy people considering its a classic and has been at the park for over 25 years 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrmonkey said:

If merlin has some good forsight - Loggers would look great with some rock work build round the drop (make it a mountain facade, rebuild the tunnel - and extend the route to include a 3rd drop (backwards)! 

Would be incredible but I doubt it would happen I think if loggers reopened it would just be a clean up  some more theming and the return of the tunnel