Logger's Leap

Garyy

My favourite ride in the country. I once went to the park and rode it all day and went on nothing else. The ride is great but it could be longer. On the day where I rode it all day, I sat in the log for about seven runs at a time as the park was very quiet. Discuss Thorpe's oldest thrill ride here.

• 4 months later...

Re-building the ride would be a waste of money. Its perfectly good and much loved. The only thing I could see them possibly doing in the future would be to exed the channel over the lake at the back, maybe add a few more meanders like in AT's one. It would involve alot of work: Planning Permission, Lake Footers (which are very hard and more expensive to make) and they would need to buy new logs etc.

• 7 months later...

I was talking to my friend who visited thorpe today and they said that there were two actors who looked liked wax models but jumped out at them after the first drop...sounds like an interesting touch to the ride!

Oh wow, that sounds cool. When I visited last month, they had actors on the bank before the first drop doing a fight sequence. Was really funny, and also made the 75 minute queue more bearable!! We definately need more of the same, and perhaps expand on this idea, as it's great!

• 4 months later...

No matter what time of year I visit and no matter what time of day it is I always have to queue longer for Loggers Leap than for almost anything else. It's worth it, though. I wish they'd do a tiny bit more with the theming... maybe just adding a few more things to the banks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's kind of funny when stealths got somthing like a 70min queue and loggers has 99, everybody seems to love it. :D

I love Logger's Leap aswell. It appeals to me a lot more than Tidal Wave. The only annoying thing is that irritating voice just as you exit the station and before the tunnel lift. I think the length of the ride is ok, but the layout is a bit basic. Ok, it's an old ride, still going strong, but I think it needs a bit of a re-vamp, and I don't mean Imperial Leather and loads of plastic yellow ducks :D Favorite moment, the final drop. Is it me or does the log leave the track on the hill in the middle, cos it feels like it, great Airtime.Worst moment, but still funny, full boat hitting the channel at the bottom, me in front, we come to a halt, massive tidal wave enters log. I was drenched. :D:D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

*resurrects topic*This was on wikipedia...

Loggers Leap (largest log flume in the UK until 1993, and again since 2005) opened.

I know its wikipedia, but what is that all about? how was it the largest and then not the largest then largest again? :) Loggers Leap is great, my second favorite at Thorpe Park!