Logger's Leap

Garyy

2 hours ago, pluk said:

Ā 

That's The Grid - Swamp Thing. That's what us cool kidz danced to in discos when I was a boy.

Ā 

Was it ever really 'loggers music', thought it was just one of many tracks that played in the area?

Ā 

It certainly was, it was part of the original playlist, which has since been changed.Ā 

Merlin probably make more in a day than it cost to build Loggers Leap in the first place. I can't believe that they have a ride SBNO which isn't exactly completely hidden, it's a rather poor show. But as I've said before, it probably requires similar work to Dragon Falls which was quite significant, I suppose they had no choice to sort out Dragon Falls as soon as possible due to it's prominent position in the park and that's a core ride, not so much with Loggers Leap. I guess they're weighing up options and deciding which years budget it's going to come out of.

15 hours ago, Vince800 said:

Merlin probably make more in a day than it cost to build Loggers Leap in the first place. I can't believe that they have a ride SBNO which isn't exactly completely hidden, it's a rather poor show. But as I've said before, it probably requires similar work to Dragon Falls which was quite significant, I suppose they had no choice to sort out Dragon Falls as soon as possible due to it's prominent position in the park and that's a core ride, not so much with Loggers Leap. I guess they're weighing up options and deciding which years budget it's going to come out of.

To be fair it's probs the most hidden in the park, in the now most likely least visited in the park :PĀ but still that's no excuse..

Ā 

Odd how they've added 2 kids rides right next door and not done anything with loggers as it's right in their path

You know, I really don't like making posts with the boring "Merlin do *INSERT HERE* wrong" but really it's a complete joke. The bottom line is though, as long as people pay for it, they will continue to do it despite the fact they would probably attract a great deal more custom than they already do if they were to do things properly. They remind me of the Theme park version of Global Radio which again are all about watered down brands.

Ā 

They might have to pull their finger out when Paramount opens up though.

On 30/03/2017 at 10:59 AM, Vince800 said:

Ā 

Dragon Falls was more to do with themeing being run down following from the Tomb queue line accident, a knee jerk reaction from Merlin. From what I understand, Loggers is much like N:ST and The Black Hole, it needs a H&S upgrade.

Ā 

Additionally, the studio that built the stone faces for falls have said they would be more than happy to recreate them. Obviously Merlin won't pay and if anything, Falls will become part of a bigger land upgrade/redesign in the 'future'.

On 31 March 2017 at 2:37 PM, TraX said:

Ā 

Additionally, the studio that built the stone faces for falls have said they would be more than happy to recreate them. Obviously Merlin won't pay and if anything, Falls will become part of a bigger land upgrade/redesign in the 'future'.

Ā 

Says a lot really - surely the stone faces can't cost THAT muchĀ money? Falls just looks awful since they were removedĀ 

Ā 

As for Loggers - what a bloody state! Ā Makes me sad as it was such an iconic ride for the park with the perfect amount of moistness- Rumba is pretty much dry as is Depth Charge and storm surge will only get your feet wet - then there is Tidal which is great if very hot weather (or if you just fancy a quick and easy shower).

Ā 

As for the junior rides - does the frog hopper thing have a name? Also I can't seem to see it on the park map but it's physically there alongside ol' timber tug boat with lovely clashing blue fencing - epic!

It's just terrible you have loggers, which is a fantastic ride sitting there rotting away behind a fence when it's supposed to be being worked on.Ā 

Ā 

Then you have the park saying on social media 'We have no plans to permanently close loggers leap' when it seem they are planning to close it but they are just not ready to tell people the truth which is that the redevelopment it's undergoing is actually going to involve loggers being removed and a new ride most likely a coaster being built on that site.Ā 

Ā 

Redevelopment- Any new construction that takes place on a site that has pre-existing uses.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Han30 said:

As for the junior rides - does the frog hopper thing have a name? Also I can't seem to see it on the park map but it's physically there alongside ol' timber tug boat with lovely clashing blue fencing - epic!

Ā 

I've heard it isn't opening until next season nowĀ 

ha ha ha goodness me. Cutting the grass is NOT a sign of anything. No wonder people will believe anything the park say when they cling on to such arbitrary things. I'm sorry everyone, Loggers Leap is almost certainly dead, like all the other SNBO rides orĀ poorly maintained classic rides at Merlin.