Logger's Leap

Garyy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

does any one think it will be open by the weekend, it realy does eat up some queues and also is a good ride to get away from the rest of the park.

It's anyones guess. I would say that it has a good chance. It has been filling up this week, but I havn't seen any boats going round the track as of yet.

Yeah I saw that, if the weather stays nice, that's gonna go down well with everyone at Thorpe :lol:

Weather is looking great for saturday and sunday but its going back on monday, its good that loggers is open no day at Thorpe is complete without a ride on Loggers.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Damn. Going thursday and if Loggers and Slammer are down thats two of my favourite rides unavailable. :PWhat exactly is wrong with Loggers?

I'm not sure, but usually it's just something minor and the ride is back up and running shortly.

So I was having a think earlier,Is it possible to fall out of Loggers Leap on the drop?In some ways I think it's quite possible. Last time I went hands free I lifted out of my seat on the big drop.However, you will only fall out if you are being stupid, for example standing up.Have there ever been any incidents on the ride?Also, is it possible for the log to fall back down the lift chain on the main drop?

It is possible to fall out, I.e.: if you are being stupid and standing up, or jump. And no, it is not possible for the logs to roll back down the lift hill on the main drop. As you travel up the lift hill you will see and hear the little catches on the side of the chute clicking. These hold the boat in place and stop it from falling down.

You are correct in the fact that you will only really risk falling out if you are acting like an arse and standing up. If you are holding out (which you should really be) then you will be fine.The boats won't roll back down the lift hill because they have the little ratchets on the side of the drop which will catch it if the lift stops, the same way rollercoaster chain lifts have the little metal catches on the lifts. I hope that makes sense.As far as I know there have never been any incidents on Loggers Leap or any other Merlin log flume for that matter.Edit: Paul beat me to it! :P

So I was having a think earlier,Is it possible to fall out of Loggers Leap on the drop?In some ways I think it's quite possible. Last time I went hands free I lifted out of my seat on the big drop.However, you will only fall out if you are being stupid, for example standing up.Have there ever been any incidents on the ride?Also, is it possible for the log to fall back down the lift chain on the main drop?

If you follow the rules like no standing up you will be fine. Obviously if you muck around and start standing up and getting out of your seat then theres a chance you might hurt yourself. Same for Rumba Rapids you could freely jump out if you wanted but if you follow instructions you wont. A bit of a silly post to be honest.Its not possible for the boat to fall back down as there are ratchets all the was up the hill which spring back when the boat passes through it so if the lift was to stop it would be completely safe. Thats what the clicking noise is when you travel up the lift. It's the same principal for Rollercoaster lift hills.EDIT: Paul and James beat me to it :P