Logger's Leap

Garyy

Loggers leap is one of my favourites, but when we were going up the lift in the tunnel, all my money fell out of my pocket lol :( and I never found it again, oh well ^^, also, I seem to get much wetter on the inside drop then I do on the main drop because when I went on it the main drop's splash went out sideways instead of on me lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This is another ride I want to go on ! can someone answer me these questions please.1. Is it a scary ride. Like when its going to drop how does it feel like? I'm scared that I will feel I'm going to fall out of the seat lol even though I know its not going to happen.2. Do kids go on it as well?

1. I remember the inside drop being scary the first time I went on it because you don't know how wet you are going to get. Otherwise, it is very fun and safe, with plastic (not sure) kind of bars at the side to hold on to. When it reaches the chain lift, you can just relax and squash the person behind you with much pleasure :P 2. As it is one of the 'thrilling and fun' rides with only a 0.9m height restriction, this ride is aimed at families and yes, kids go on it all the time :lol: Before Tidal Wave, it was the highest ride in the park (I think), so back then it would have been one of the 'extreme thrills' in the park :P

Thanks for answering! last time I went to Chessington I was in the middle seat, and we went on Dragons fall I think it is similar to a log flume and it went so fast that there wasnt that much time to feel scared.But the one on Thorpe park looks scary because of those big fat drops, how high is it? I heard it was 40foot. :lol:

It is possible to fall out, I.e.: if you are being stupid and standing up, or jump. And no, it is not possible for the logs to roll back down the lift hill on the main drop. As you travel up the lift hill you will see and hear the little catches on the side of the chute clicking. These hold the boat in place and stop it from falling down.

Actually most of the catches on the main lift hill dont work and there can be up to 10 metres of space where there are no catches. Even a drop of that size onto a rock solid working catch would hurt and thorpe park would probably make a really big deal out of it and shut the ride until the lift catches are replaced

Actually most of the catches on the main lift hill dont work and there can be up to 10 metres of space where there are no catches. Even a drop of that size onto a rock solid working catch would hurt and thorpe park would probably make a really big deal out of it and shut the ride until the lift catches are replaced

If there was even the slightest chance that a log could fall on the lift hill, the ride would have been shut long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Loggers Leap this was my fav ride! loved it, I didnt expect a drop when I went in the dark tunnel it was so scary you kind of feel weightless in your body and brain when the drop happens. The queue was soooo long though.

I agree that Loggers Leap's queue line can be really long.I would not mind if it was not like a cattle pen queue.If I felt like I was going somewhere and not in zig zags, I would happily queue.As Loggers Leap queue line is horrible, I will only queue a maxamum of 30 mins usually.For me, It is a real shame that you do not feel like you are moving, as it has great audio and could be a great ride to queue for. :P

I agree, the queue is too compact and you barely move, if they had stretched it out more like Saw or Stealth then I wouldn't mind waiting quite so long. I think its beacause if the queue is more spread out then you get a larger feeling of movement.

The only argument against that would be Nemesis Inferno's queue.I find Nemesis Inferno's queue quite compact, but I always feel like I am getting somewhere. (Unlike Loggers Leap's queue line).(Could just be me though)!

Loggers has probally got the best queue other than Tidal wave. As its inclosed, the music is always heard fairly loud if they don't play those stupid announcements every 5 seconds. I which they would stop that doing them. Kills atmosphere that was gained. The queue always moves VERY fast though. Its the only queue in the park that runs fast, which is nice.Compact queues are BETTER. FACT. They give the the feeling that you are getting somewhere.

The only argument against that would be Nemesis Inferno's queue.I find Nemesis Inferno's queue quite compact, but I always feel like I am getting somewhere. (Unlike Loggers Leap's queue line).(Could just be me though)!

I think its because Loggers Leap has a very low through put of guests, whereas Nemesis Inferno has a large capacity allowing the queue to move faster. Looking at the Loggers Leap area there is loads of room for expansion behind the station building! The bigger problem I guess is money.

• 2 months later...