Logger's Leap

Garyy

12 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

It might be actually, I saw two staff members in the queue line whilst on Samurai - no idea what they were doing though!

Of course what they should really do is open Loggers!

When they get round to finally confirming that Loggers is never coming back, will you still include it in closed rides lists?

38 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

They've said it is closed for rennovations, I trust that they wouldn't lie to the public. :)

The official line is they "hope" for it to make a splash back in 2017. Its perfectly possible once renovations start they find issues which are not feasible to fix. 

I don't think 'can't be bothered' is particularly fair, it would be a practical impossibility to turn the current ride into a closed system at that location. 

I have no knowledge about the closure reasons, but I don't think the water system is the problem as that regulation is not applied retrospectively; a new one could not use untreated water but existing ones are fine to continue. 

I think it was just knackered in pretty much every sense. 

Yeah just saying I prebooked the VIP tour of Platform 15 and when I asked where the entrance of the attraction was they reffered to Loggers as 'what used to be Loggers Leap previously'. Take from that what you will, but yeah not looking like we'll be seeing a return of this classic. Shame really, it's by far the best traditional log flume I have ridden, and was easily the best water ride on the park. RIP Loggers.

Hi - first post here!
I'm really intrigued as to what is going on with Loggers.
As said before - I've seen on recent visits from Samurai especially that no care has been taken with the queue line and no work is physically being done that what we can see. Considering it was my first ever ride I went on at Thorpe many moons ago, I would be gutted to see it leave, especially on such a sad note.
I am a coaster enthusiast who, after looking at this forum for many years I've finally decided to share some of my opinions too - be nice!
Realistically, does anyone ACTUALLY think Loggers is going to return? I'm certainly sceptical.
~ Tella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Loggers was going to return ever since it got into such a poor condition years ago, they let it get to a point where it had to be shut. And now that its been isolated for so long, almost certainly won't work again without extensive renovation. Merlin policy rarely allows for complete refurbishment of existing rides (since they don't get direct returns for keeping alive old rides, even when they're very popular, and won't grant a budget for it), unless they add a fire effect to it, repaint it and give it a new logo or something, and that's if they've had enough KPI complaints to take any notice.

In common sense world, however, the ride totally deserves to stay - it's a really fun log flume, has always been very popular especially in warm weather, and is different to most log flumes of its kind. Its a lengthy, fun and very solid attraction. It's even famous in some respects for the Princess Diana association. Refurbishment should have been on the list years back. As has been pointed out, such a ride cannot be built like that accross the lake now, so it was worth saving even more.

It was very much a product of the big ideas from years ago, so it'll be sad to see another classic disappear after years in such a poor state, like so many in recent times. If the park does find a mechanism to grant a refurbishment and get it reopened, that would be very good but quite an uphill challenge

I'm just amazed that we're saying goodbye to Loggers before Depth Charge. That thing doesn't deserve its place and yet there it is, remaining at large.

Whilst I hate Log Flumes with a passion, Loggers was kind of the exception, its double dip drop was always fantastic and by far my favourite flume drop. At least I'll have my memories, riding it for 7 straight hours in 2004. :)

I just wish they had been honest from the start.  I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure it has much chance of reopening given the state it's in;

29734634036_81d1676b5a_b.jpg

29145293633_b58dc7d845_b.jpg

(Photos taken from within public boundary)

A quote from the park;

Logger's Leap is currently our only planned ride closure for 2016. It is for essential maintenance that is unfortunate but necessary, apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Read that, then look at the photos above.  I could be wrong (very often am!), but I'd bet my bottom dollar that it hasn't been touched since last year.

Here is the official line on the website;

Opened in 1989, Loggers Leap has been a firm favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Loggers Leap is out of action for 2016 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in the future.

Out of action for 2016 "while is't being rennovated?"  The way it's worded sounds like rennovations have been taking place throughout 2016, which going by the current state of the ride, would seem not to be the case.

Also let's not forget this;

29546528400_a1a0a27bdd_m.jpg

That at least confirms that something will open on the Loggers site next year (doesn't actually confirm if it's a Loggers refurbishment or redevelopment of the land), so let's wait and see if that actually happens.

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

Whilst I agree it don't look like any works been done to the ride, its probably not quite as bad as it looks, all it would need is a sweep of the trough and the wood fixing around the bottom of the drop and it would look just as it did at the end of last season!

They should invest in one of those leaf blower things