Logger's Leap

Garyy

On 10/29/2016 at 3:02 PM, imindetonator said:
The current state of the ride would suggest otherwise..

Hopefully it does re-open in 2017, but after getting a look from Platform 15 the other day.. I doubt it.

They could use old parts from the flume at towers to repair loggers leap, that would explain it if the staff member said it might open by summer

With platform 15 around the edge of loggers it gives you a pretty good access road to loggers meaning work would be easier

I really hope that loggers comes back, after visiting this year its presence in the line up was sorely missed, without your left with storm dirge or get completely drenched on Tidal wave and seeing how popular log flumes are in america (and finally experiencing them) I hope they can bring the ride back up to standard.

6 hours ago, ste193 said:

I really hope that loggers comes back, after visiting this year its presence in the line up was sorely missed, without your left with storm dirge or get completely drenched on Tidal wave and seeing how popular log flumes are in america (and finally experiencing them) I hope they can bring the ride back up to standard.

As long as it isn't closed permanently or sponsored by imperial leather I'm happy

After catching glimpses of the current state loggers is in from doing Platform 15, I would be shocked if it makes a return next year. I do hope I'm wrong as this is my childhood favourite ride but I just don't see it returning as it just looks utterly ran down now. If I am wrong though and it does return then I owe a friend a years supply of Nitrogenie as I made a bet!!

5 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

After catching glimpses of the current state loggers is in from doing Platform 15, I would be shocked if it makes a return next year. I do hope I'm wrong as this is my childhood favourite ride but I just don't see it returning as it just looks utterly ran down now. If I am wrong though and it does return then I owe a friend a years supply of Nitrogenie as I made a bet!!

I hope it stays but looks unlikely but if it goes there will be a big space available and they could possibly build the next coaster there

The FAQ page of Thorpe's website has been updated:

"Opened in 1989, Loggers Leap has been a firm favourite amongst families and young adults. As a result of many years of operation, Loggers Leap is out of action for 2016 while it’s being renovated. This was a difficult decision to make, however we hope for it to make a splash-back in the future."

https://www.thorpepark.com/faqs/

It is worth remembering at no point did the website, park map or signs on park suggest it would definitely open in 2017.

1 hour ago, Kerfuffle said:

Wishful thinking ;)

But yeah I can't really see Loggers opening next year either to be honest. Las time I saw it from Platform 15 it was in such a state of disrepair.

They've hopefully started now since they've closed for the year and maybe they could reopen it in the summer

If Loggers doesn't open next year then I'll be disappointed.  Thorpe/Merlin (whoever is responsible for the FAQ's page) stated;

30757578105_6cb4e49d6c_b.jpg

This clearly states that the ride is/was being renovated during the 2016 season, which as far as I can tell, hasn't been the case.  If this comes down to bad wording then that's unfortunate, but nevertheless it's a very misleading piece of information considering that, as far as we can see, the ride has effectively been left to rot behind a fence.

Furthermore, they did actually say it would open next season;

29546528400_a1a0a27bdd_m.jpg

Now I am aware this is just the social media post, therefore it won't be completely accurate, however the point still stands that Thorpe have clearly stated that the ride is being "redeveloped for next season."  If this is not the case, then it shouldn't be stated anywhere and more care should be taken rather than communicating potentially incorrect information to people.

I find it the handling of the closure (if indeed, the ride does not reopen) insulting, if they'd given notice and announced a closure then it wouldn't be as bad, but clearly stating the ride is closed for "redevelopment" or "renovation" when neither has happened is just wrong.

7 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I find it the handling of the closure (if indeed, the ride does not reopen) insulting, if they'd given notice and announced a closure then it wouldn't be as bad, but clearly stating the ride is closed for "redevelopment" or "renovation" when neither has happened is just wrong.

Its perfectly possible that they started to look into what work was required and decided it wasn't financially viable. 

If in 2/3 years time the next big ride opens on the old Loggers site then it has closed for redevelopment!

14 hours ago, Marc said:

Its perfectly possible that they started to look into what work was required and decided it wasn't financially viable. 

And this is where I get frustrated with Thorpe/Merlin.  They're happy to throw money at things like I'm a Celebrity, Storm Surge and Saw Alive, but when it comes to refurbishing a very popular ride that has served the park for years, they aren't willing to spend the money.  Loggers Leap has been open for 26 years, I'd be amazed if I'm a Celebrity is still open in 5 years.

In addition to this, if this is the case then why did they announce that it was closed "whilst it's being rennovated" before they knew for definite that this would be the case?

14 hours ago, Marc said:

If in 2/3 years time the next big ride opens on the old Loggers site then it has closed for redevelopment!

This would be true, however Thorpe have also stated that Loggers is/was being "rennovated," and "redeveloped for next season."

46 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

And this is where I get frustrated with Thorpe/Merlin.  They're happy to throw money at things like I'm a Celebrity, Storm Surge and Saw Alive, but when it comes to refurbishing a very popular ride that has served the park for years, they aren't willing to spend the money.

Exactly and so true. Money is wasted on so many unnecessary things. Its seem now that even the general public are starting to notice the poor up keep of the place.

A lick of paint can do so much. Really hope there is some decent tlc given around the place as it currently looks so run down. Dread to think what it is like behind the scenes.

Sadly I think Loggers has had its day and they could just do the good thing and remove it. 

"even the general public are starting to notice the poor up keep of the place."

I'm sure the vast majority of people who have been the ones paying to get in notice how poorly kept and tacky it is, and leave with a worse impression. The public don't see different things to fans. Its a question of whether they make a vocal opinion about it or judge to themselves whether its worth coming back again. You'd need a huge amount of people to stop returning to persuade the management to do anything about it (much more than already, complaints about closed rides and poor quality at Merlin Uk parks are already regular and daily in my experience).

Even if the area is redeveloped to include thorpes next attraction that doesnt mean loggers has to go, it could be redeveloped/ slighly rerouted to facilitate a coaster ect in the area. I personally can see new boats with restraints similar to chiapas at phantasia land as people standing up and jumping out was a big thing for merlin. But who knows really what will happen in the next year ...