Logger's Leap

Garyy

What is the point you're making with loggers there exactly? I have no intention of correcting your spelling. I merely find the over zealous moderating here amusing

The point I was making is things become normal, deal with it.And just so you know not everyone can spell decently and I would rather not come onto a forum and see people doing that. It's rude, if your going to do it, do it subtly. People do have trouble spelling and not everyone is going to get it right. Also don't insult the moderating they do a good job, keep the forum clean and are nice people so if you don't like it jog on.

You're having a laugh, over zealous moderating indeed. ;)

Posts deleted for spelling, post deleted if moderators dont deem them to add anything, posts edited without consent of the poster, posts deleted so the moderators can make the same point (personally happened to me). I could go on, its definitely the most intervening forum I use. as for the point "The point I was making is things become normal, deal with it." I bring you back Holly to Just because something becomes normal doesn't make it correct and I hope the engineers dont share the same attitude as you!

Posts deleted for spelling, post deleted if moderators dont deem them to add anything, posts edited without consent of the poster, posts deleted so the moderators can make the same point (personally happened to me). I could go on, its definitely the most intervening forum I use.

Evidently then the quality of your other forums can't be up to much... Every one of the forums I frequent requires everyone to use correct spelling and what-not, and you act as if mods editing posts is something that NEVER happens elsewhere... They are not required to ask consent from posters to change posts, because they are doing so in order to make everything look tidy...Again, all the points you make here, happen on EVERY OTHER FORUM... In the world... Ever...

Evidently then the quality of your other forums can't be up to much... Every one of the forums I frequent requires everyone to use correct spelling and what-not, and you act as if mods editing posts is something that NEVER happens elsewhere... They are not required to ask consent from posters to change posts, because they are doing so in order to make everything look tidy...Again, all the points you make here, happen on EVERY OTHER FORUM... In the world... Ever...

Of course I agree that correct spelling and grammar should be used and every forum I frequent does so under a policy of mutual understanding and self-moderation, the only real reason mods should intervene imo is when a post breaks the page or the usual swearing and abuse rules. It is very patronising to consistently get posts edited for spelling or grammar especially when moderators have demonstrated they don't have the greatest command of the language themselves. eg. aloud / allowed. Pot, kettle, black? I assure you that this level of intervention does not happen on every other forum in the world ever.

Of course I agree that correct spelling and grammar should be used and every forum I frequent does so under a policy of mutual understanding and self-moderation, the only real reason mods should intervene imo is when a post breaks the page or the usual swearing and abuse rules. It is very patronising to consistently get posts edited for spelling or grammar especially when moderators have demonstrated they don't have the greatest command of the language themselves. eg. aloud / allowed. Pot, kettle, black? I assure you that this level of intervention does not happen on every other forum in the world ever.

Some people cannot help how they spell. You cannot come onto a forum and start spouting utter rubbish about mods should be able to spell blah blah, I think you will find the majority of posts get edited discretely and most edits are about a persons behaviour. My spellings not too good and I know people have edited my posts but you are truly awful in my opinion. In all sense of the words jog on. Back to Loggers discussion before I lose my temper with ignorant people.

Agreed with Holly, please take discussion to PM or elsewhere and get back to Loggers discussion. I appreciate your views Smiffy, though please post any feedback you may have in our Expectations thread or our Forum Feedback thread.Although may I say, this situation was so two weeks ago. We have listened to our member's views and have made changes, now please, back to Loggers discussion. ;)

Some people cannot help how they spell. You cannot come onto a forum and start spouting utter rubbish about mods should be able to spell blah blah, I think you will find the majority of posts get edited discretely and most edits are about a persons behaviour. My spellings not too good and I know people have edited my posts but you are truly awful in my opinion. In all sense of the words jog on. Back to Loggers discussion before I lose my temper with ignorant people.

Ok, Back To The Loggers Discussion It Is.Went To Thorpe For The First Time On The 24th And I Went On Everything And Have To Say Loggers Has To Be One Of The Best Rides...Beaten Only By Nemesis And Tidal Wave.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is still an ongoing argument between the members of the forum, but from all the time I have been reading in the shadows it has. As funny as it is.Loggers Leap's Anti-Rollback system has a more diverse system, in the event of an emergency the Anti-Rollbacks pop into action, they are not stuck or broken.