The Campfire Story thread.

pognoi

Got any stories about yourself which are particularly spooky? How about paranormal experiences you/friends/relatives have had?

It's nearing Halloween and rather then plodding along to a scare attraction we should just scare each other here! (If we can .-. )

I go camping regularly, its just a cheap way of being able to go out with friends that don't necessarily go to college with me every so often.
The main stories we tell each other are repeated pretty much annually, and are either:
Click Click Slide
Inside out
Small squares
Pins and needles

Of course a couple others are thrown in but these ones our are favourites. I got some 12 year old's crying to small squares once cheesy.gif

Anyway, my actual experiences of paranormal activity happened in my house and in my local war bunkers.
I've been to many places with ghost sightings. When I was younger my parents used to take us to a different castle every month or so. Alot of these (including Dover castle and the tower of London) had a huge amount of ghost sightings, but I was never effected. Also, my local church had 2 reported deaths in it (I believe... It's at least one) But a choir boy and the reverend had intercourse, the choir boy was raped and then  suicide and the reverend hung himself on the bell chord when the news spread. Most that's ever happened in that church is an organ key playing itself and creaking behind me on the stairs. I never go to these places alone though, I have a notorious fear of anything slightly creepy or jumpy (I don't do horror mazes, dungeons, scare walks and these days am reluctant to visit places with ghost sightings alone).
Lets get to the stupid point jeezus.
The first paranormal sighting I had was when I was 6. It's the most clear memory I have, because I was so creeped out. My local war caves (called Chiselhurst Caves) were built mainly for the war, but upon building they found some old caves they reckon to be over 750 years old. I can't remember exactly when but it was a good couple hundred years ago, a wife and groom went down there the day before their marriage and the groom chopped of his fiancées head into a pool of water. Since then the older section of the caves have been 'haunted'. Now I wouldn't believe it if someone said they saw a ghost, even though, I truly think I have. We were walking along the side of the walls like we were trying to keep in the shadows or spy on something, and then I look to the far wall and see a human female figure in a white dress poke out from round the corner of the wall. I gasped, blinked, and it was gone. It was so shocking I remember it so clearly. This wasn't even the worst part for me, I then went to the pool where she was beheaded and we were told to stare at the far wall of the pool, about 20 metres away. I stared and was shaking after what I thought I saw, and after a few seconds I felt breathing on my back. I didn't look round or else I thought I'd see the figure again, so just stood there straight, all tensed. And then I heard a female voice sing gently 3 notes, creating a minor chord. I started shivering and then the tour guide jumped out in front of me and I flew out of my skin.

For anyone wanting to know extra, that area of the caves has been known for the lady of the pool. 100 years ago or so, the company who owns the tours down there set up a challenge to see if people could stay the night by the pool. Hundreds tried, all but 2 failed. 2 Policemen stayed the night and said they were haunted by the ghost who demanded them to leave. Oooh god thinking about the graffiti they drew on the wall gives me the shivers. Two girls aswell tried to do it, and disappeared. Went down in the night and by morning they were gone, but all their possessions left. I don't think they were ever found.

So that's my story! I you have any spooky stories at all, please share them here! :D

Okay, here's my story. Hope it's not too creepy.

There was once a little girl whose parents were often out for days on end. The young girl often got lonely, so her parents bought her a large dog. The dog and the girl adored eachother. For hours on many a sleepless night would she lay with her ahnd dangling under the bed, the dog licking it affectionately below.

There came a dark and stormy night where the young girl was frightened. The wind was everywhere, making the old house creak from its very foundations. She put her ahnd under the bed where her faithful dog lickedher reassuringly. Then she heard a noise.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

She crept downtairs, into her kitchen, where with trembling fingers drew the tap tight. She tip-toed up the stairs before slipping into bed and she felt the warm toungue of her dog licking her hand. Then she heard it again.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Definately scared this time, the poor girl went tithe bathroom and made the taps to tight that her fingers went crimson. Shaking, she lay with the covers over her head, exept for her hand, which was being licked by her faithful companion. But it still could not block out the noise.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Trembling to the depths of her innocent soul, she crept to her wardrobe, which was where, she had realised, he sound had come from. She opened the door.

Inside was the body of her beloved dog, deep red blood pouring out of his still flanks.

And written on the back of her wardrobe were the words:

Humans Can Lick Too.

It was a homework task last year that we had to find a horror story. I found that one on the net and never forgot it. Don't get me wrong though, I love dogs. And as for ghost sightings I've actually had, there was some weird stuff going on during our year 6 residential trip, including the tv changing channels by itself and doors unlocking themselves.