McKamey Manor

alexander

See I love scare attractions, and I love being scared, but only when it's entertaining.

I don't get why anyone would put themselves through something like that. It's not funny or something you can laugh off, it's having wet cloths pushed into your mouth and your head held down under water. How is that entertainment? And why would the creator of this place want to do that to people?

Ugh I dunno. Just seems like the guy has some gross hostage fantasy that he can't legally fulfil. Very odd.

This guy just gets satisfaction of people's terror. He needs his head checked.

I think watching people scared in something you've created would be great if it's entertaining for the customer, and you can see them scream but also laugh and smile. But these people give up half way through which means they're obviously not enjoying it, so I do agree that this guy needs his head checked.

When you say give up, I think you mean they pass out or are not in a physical state to carry on.

Mckamey has stated himself no matter how much people plead to escape, there is no escape unless they are not in a fit condition to carry on the experience. So basically, you either last the full 7 hours or you pass out or suffer a serious injury from the actors. No one has survived the full experience yet meaning that basically everyone who has tried, has come out with some sort of damage to them.

I don't know why anyone would want to create such a disturbing attraction, it's not fun to experience nor is it fun to watch others in it.

I don't know why anyone would want to create such a disturbing attraction, it's not fun to experience nor is it fun to watch others in it.

The "secret" group of people betting on the manor in Vegas sure think it's fun to watch it..

I honestly think that's where he gets the money to fund this thing, seeing as there are allegations that "Operation Greyhound" isn't even a real charity. However, if the haunt only became insanely extreme this year, was he "streaming" it before?? I seriously have no idea.

The only thing I don't get at all is how on earth Russ Mckamey has had the money to fund it from the start.. the dudes a wedding singer and DJ, I hardly think he has half a million dollars to fund the whole "haunt" without receiving any profit whatsoever.

It all really just doesn't add up..

To be honest I wish I had never seen this in the first place... It's disgusting.

It's so much worse after all the theories and stuff people have come up with. The only solid evidence of weird/shady stuff going on is the fact that people basically infriliated the members only facebook group, got screenshots of people saying pretty messed up stuff/confirming messed up stuff, identified some of the actors and owners (including Russ and his Ex-Wife) as current/ex members of the military/navy etc. And then the fact that after all this happened, the Manor closed up for this weekend (it all happened on like Thursday/Friday) and cancelled planned tours for people who had obviously been waiting months and months, due to the Russ' "Wedding Singing Commitments".

Shady stuff.

TPJames, he said he won't let them out unless they need to be let out due to psychological problems, as well as physical ones such as passing out etc. I guess psychological problem would be panic attacks or something, although I can't imagine he'd let them out for that.

Surely there must be a safe word? If not, I'm pretty sure it's illegal even though they've signed something?

I'm pretty sure nothing he's doing is illegal.  

I dunno much about (American) law, but I imagine that if they sign a waiver, they accept whatever terms are on that waiver, and that it should be as clear cut as that.  If simulated torture or whatever is on there, then there we go.  I guess one could argue at what point does this simulation stop, and it become genuine torturous ordeal?  But then, isn't that the point of simulated torture - to feel like you are indeed being tortured, but just with genuine, safe back up on hand if needs be?  It is a bit of a fuzzy line, but there you.

Illegal or not, the 7 hour tour must surely just be beyond physical and mental human limits.

I'm pretty sure nothing he's doing is illegal.  

I dunno much about (American) law, but I imagine that if they sign a waiver, they accept whatever terms are on that waiver, and that it should be as clear cut as that.  If simulated torture or whatever is on there, then there we go.  I guess one could argue at what point does this simulation stop, and it become genuine torturous ordeal?  But then, isn't that the point of simulated torture - to feel like you are indeed being tortured, but just with genuine, safe back up on hand if needs be?  It is a bit of a fuzzy line, but there you.

Illegal or not, the 7 hour tour must surely just be beyond physical and mental human limits.

Watch the "Manor Wins Again Video", the first part you see of the video is all filtered out and red, right? That's the contraption that Russ keeps cutting out of videos, it's apparently a drown tank. Later on in the video either the Mario or Luigi guy says "anything but the drown tank, or something along the lines of that.

If the drown tank is what people are saying it is (literally a tank they dunk you in whilst you have a bag over your head, over and over again, the only way being able to be breathe is by putting your nose through the gaps in the cage), then that goes way way way beyond anything stimulated (think the fakeish waterboarding at blackout), and I'm pretty sure that's legally considered full on torture. I wouldn't be suprised if that is what the contraption is, judging by how absolutely terrified of it the "victims" who go through the haunt are.

Even if they've signed a waiver, it doesn't protect somebody either stimulating, or literally torturing you against your will, it's pretty much in your human rights that you should be able to stop participating in something you don't wish to anymore. I'm positive there "not being a safe word" is verging on illegal.

Then again, if any of it was illegal, I'm also pretty sure there'd be an official investigation on this thing. So, who knows? Nonetheless, it's extremely messed up.

At the end of the tour if you go through all of it you get to become an actor. There are a ton of discussion forums about the manor talking about how it could actually be a MK Ultra experiment because most people who are actors and russ himself are ex miltary or are still in it. So damm creepy. Tons of people around the world are calling the FBI and San Diego Police due to this. If its still running next october I will be shocked.

It's just a matter of time before somebody inside has a sudden heart attack. The fact the owner "doesn't let them out" unless they pass out is ridiculous, actually it's sick. If I was there and I thought I was about to be seriously ill or injured, there would be no way to let an "actor" know.

I use the word "acting" loosely because I don't believe dunking a person's head in water and throwing blood over them is acting or a talent.

Although I don't doubt that this very much at or beyond the extreme end of a horror experience, I have a feeling there's a certain amount of bluster about some of things being alluded to here for the purposes of reputation building. All horror attractions play on the illusion of something appearing worse than it actually is to some extent to build the fear, this is media attention a very good way of achieving that before people have even turned up.

There's plenty of dungeons about where people will properly hurt you if that floats your boat and you pay them enough, funnily enough they don't adverse in the Yellow Pages. If it were really pushing the boundaries of being legal it wouldn't be plastered all over the internet!

I found this! It's a different version of mckamey manor but is not torture! Its still quite intense but only lasts 10-15 minutes and has a safe word so if it gets too much you can stop straight away! Now I wouldnt actually mind trying this out :)http://downtowntraveler.com/2013/09/08/review-what-to-expect-at-blackout-haunted-house-in-new-york-city-halloween-2013/

I found this! It's a different version of mckamey manor but is not torture! Its still quite intense but only lasts 10-15 minutes and has a safe word so if it gets too much you can stop straight away! Now I wouldnt actually mind trying this out :)http://downtowntraveler.com/2013/09/08/review-what-to-expect-at-blackout-haunted-house-in-new-york-city-halloween-2013/

Yeah, I've known about blackout for a while! Appears to be more "wtf" factor than anything like Mckamey Manor, and just on the verge of going over the line of absolutely disgusting (in comparison to something like Psychomanteum at Scare Kingdom for example, that sounds way too messed up).

It seems more mind games than actual bad stuff happening to you, and now they've stopped the waterboarding and stimulated torture they had in the first year, I'd probably do it if someone paid me :lol:.

This makes me want to send whoever set this up (and you for signing it!) in there for a bit of torture themselves. Get over yourselves.

It's not like the people who go through this are:

• Applying to be put through the stuff
  • Sign a waiver that presumably grants the owner rights to do whatever he likes
  • Are still under the watchful eye of the owner, who adapts the haunt to the person
  • The owner deliberately picks and chooses those who apply and only picks people who can actually do it

So it's not like he's just letting anyone do this... Daft to have a petition imo...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this again and I still stand in the camp that would actually do this!

7 hours is plenty of time to get in the atmosphere of it. UK mazes I find are entertaining with nice bits of scenery to look at - but they do not scare me, I know I'm safe.

This on the other hand - I know I won't die, but I know there maybe things that I don't necessarily want to do. You get scared over the fear of having to do something that you don't want, and me finding it a hard time to get scared in mazes then I would personally love to do it and hope one day an attraction in the UK will be a bit more extreme to the current offerings!