McKamey Manor

alexander

I don't think anything is illegal in this (as it's America but not sure) but I think we all expect it to be due to us being empathetic? Watching that video of the girl when they forced her to eat a baby chick foetus and watched her hair get cut and be submerged in water is just... Horrible. The people who sign up for it are continuously asked if they really want to do it and are warned about what goes on in there (even from the actors), they just agree to it! I'll pass on this one

I think eB hit the nail on the head (as others have done in the past). This is essentially sado-masochism disguised as a scare attraction. The idea of it is nothing new and is out there if you find it, but this place is very vocal about it.

The fact that they are vocal about it, and market it, in this way isn't a great way to go about it though. That offa my biggest trouble with this to be honest.

the people who sign up to do this **** though clearly AREN'T into sado-masochism, but somehow do it anyway because they want to experience an "extreme" scare attraction, and try to complete it. obviously it isn't an extreme scare attraction, and is pretty much just torture, but the fact that it's marketed as a scare attraction is awful, and could really lead to messing some people up mentally for life.

whatever though, they've obviously got some sort of loophole or legal contacts or something, as this place would be shutdown by now if the authorities were concerned by it. then again it's in america where people walk around supermarkets with loaded guns so..:lol:

IMO I actually have nothing wrong with it, if people wanna get scared/tortured let them do it.

The only thing I really don't like is no safe word,but I guess everybody would quit in 5 minutes...

I feel like I admire the advertising, its really strange.

I'm not saying I would like it, but some people may like this sort of thing..

^the thing is though the people who do it DONT like it, I feel like most people just put themselves through it to 'prove' that they can do it or something. no one likes being physically tortured for 'entertainment' to the point where people pass out and stuff. unless they're like... into it sexually.. which I'm positive most participants aren't.

(as for the creators of this place being into it like that.... it wouldn't be too hard for me to believe :lol:)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Apparently a version of this is coming to the UK on a 4 month tour, amazing news if true!!

this is terrible news. this isn't a horror attraction imo and it shouldn't even be running...its fairly obvious the dude who runs it uses the front of a horror attraction to legally torture people, and isn't actually interested in creating a "horror attraction" at all. sigh

1 minute ago, Graw said:

this is terrible news. this isn't a horror attraction imo and it shouldn't even be running...its fairly obvious the dude who runs it uses the front of a horror attraction to legally torture people, and isn't actually interested in creating a "horror attraction" at all. sigh

Ah, that's where you're wrong. From Scaretour:

We have spoken to the usually very talkative Russ and he is being very mysterious about this new UK incarnation. What is clear though is that this will NOT be the extreme Mckmay Manor 8 hour tour's that he is famous for. This version will be an extreme yet watered down show that will be suitable for most people. More news, when we get it.....

we already have Cracked in this country which is a similar version of Mckamey Manor but not as violent and actually has a safe word.... who needs Mckamey Manor over here??? it is the worst thing ever created. the amount of things which could go wrong... like the violent pushing and shoving and slamming on the ground. wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up going blind or getting something like internal bleeding 

Not going to lie, but I fully expect this to be a terrible attraction.

McKamey doesn't know how to make scare attractions.  McKamey Manor is not a scare attraction, it's a shock attraction which essentially appeals to anyone interested in some sort of sado-masochism.  They're two completely different things which need two completely different trails of thought to be successfully created.

If this is going to be "watered down" and "suitable for all", that suggests McKamey is trying to create a scare attraction, but living off of the hype / name of McKamey Manor.  That only spells disappointment for scare attractions fans, "fans" of McKamey and basically anyone in between.  If that's just a lie and it is an extreme shock attraction, then it's just going to be terrible like all shock attractions are (in my opinion).

Cracked was very different to McKamey Manor from what I've read, but was still a very extreme event.  However, I believe the creators have mentioned they're taking a break from scare attractions now?  

On 6 May 2016 at 8:55 PM, BaronC. said:

If this is going to be "watered down" and "suitable for all", that suggests McKamey is trying to create a scare attraction, but living off of the hype / name of McKamey Manor.  That only spells disappointment for scare attractions fans, "fans" of McKamey and basically anyone in between.  If that's just a lie and it is an extreme shock attraction, then it's just going to be terrible like all shock attractions are (in my opinion).

Thing is before for people who do the short tour he usually tones it down but from the videos it still looks brutal. people are still covered in fake blood and vile liquid..... this is gonna probably end with Russ getting arrested and it being shut down within a week 

Edited by GladiatorFanKyle
Put the wrong word in

It's happening...

Tickets on sale now http://www.scarekingdom.com/snuffhouse/

Main points:

• 4 hours long
  • There is a safe word
  • It's 18+ (obviously)
  • It's on August 20th and 27th
  • £64.99 a ticket

Snuffhouse After Dark is frightening and may include total darkness, water spray and splash, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, strobe lighting, latex, narrow tunnels, crouch spaces which require you to bend down while walking, sudden loud noises, feathers, food items, food colouring, live scareactors, fog and scent effects which are all intended to startle and frighten you.

During Snuffhouse After Dark you may be forcibly handled, moved, bound, hooded, chained and subjected to simulated torture by our scareactors. You may witness strong offensive verbal language and graphic simulated adult content. This content is part of the experience and is presented for entertainment purposes only. You will not be placed in real danger at any time.

You must be aged 18 or over to participate, and we will ask for proof of your age when you arrive.

At the beginning of the experience you will be issued with a safe word which you can use at any point during your experience to stop the activity you are experiencing. You must be confident that you can remember the safe word and recall it as necessary.

You must not touch properties, sets, effects and scareactors. The scareactors may touch you. You must not touch them back, they will not harm you.

Smoking, running, chewing gum, eating and drinking and attempting to record any aspect of the experience are forbidden.

During Snuffhouse After Dark you may come into contact with dairy, latex, dried insects and fluoride products. If you are intolerant or allergic to these, or any other substances, you must make this clear to the Senior Show Producer in the car park upon arrival.

You must not bring anything of value with you, we will not be held liable for the loss of any item howsoever caused.

You must wear clothes and footwear that have no value, as these may be damaged during the experience. Please wear clothing and footwear which you are happy to discard after the experience.

Snuffhouse After Dark operates in all weather conditions, you must wear sensible clothing and footwear and be prepared for potentially wet conditions.

The experience begins at 10pm and ends at 2am. Please do not arrive earlier than 9.45pm.

If you appear to be under the influence of alcohol when you arrive, we reserve the right to refuse admission to the event, and in this instance you will not be entitled to a refund.

We reserve the right to refuse admission without refund if your behaviour is perceived as threatening, or if we have any reason to believe you pose a threat to other participants or our scareactors.

We will not be held liable for any accident or incident which occurs if you have failed to follow instructions given by the Snuffhouse After Dark production team, scareactors or security staff, or if you have failed to adhere to any of the terms and conditions given on the website at www.snuffhouse.co.uk as published on the day of your attendance.

Snuffhouse After Dark will endeavour to ensure that all advertised features are available. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, cancel or suspend any feature due to inclement weather, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.

Snuffhouse After Dark are carrying out filming and photography for the purpose of security, monitoring quality and marketing. These recordings may feature campers images or voices. By taking part in the event you irrevocably waive all rights in these recordings and agree that we may use them in perpetuity and without limitation in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever without payment, notification or credit to you. You further agree that all copyright within these recordings lies solely with Snuffhouse After Dark

Once booked you cannot cancel, change or modify your ticket under any circumstances.

Snuffhouse After Dark reserves the right to cancel any advertised event if circumstances dictate that it is necessary to do so. In this event you will be notified by the email address used when you purchased your ticket, and you will receive a full refund via the method of your original payment. In the event of a cancellation we will refund your ticket price only, and will not be held liable for any other expenses.

Your ticket is a revocable license and may be revoked and admission refused upon refund of the full purchase price. The holder of the ticket understands that there is inherent risk involved in participating in Snuffhouse After Dark and the ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers associated with participation in the event. In consideration and acceptance of admission to Snuffhouse After Dark the ticket holder agrees to release the operator, it’s parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors and employees from any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expense whatsoever that may arise directly or indirectly as a result of participating in Snuffhouse After Dark

By purchasing a ticket for Snuffhouse After Dark you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

Snuffhouse was already a rather extreme event anyway.  McKamey's involvement is seemingly just going to bring in an experienced hand in creating longer shows and a huge boost in publicity.  Colour me unsurprised. 

Given that there's seemingly forced eating / drinking involved I'd never go anywhere near this.  Then again, the original Snuffhouse seemed to be pushing the limits for me anyway so that's not exactly a shock.