Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a technological dark ride with screens and a complicated track system etc the building structure will be complete I'd say to allow them to install the ride hardware itself.

I know the ride being built at Islands is likely to be much more complex and expensive but the building for the suspected Kong ride in 2016 is flying up as we speak. If they could leave the tree cutting till the end of season they would have done but it has to be done now to keep with timings. After all they have to remove the whole concrete seating structure and stuff, lay the foundations, build the massive building before there is any form of ride in place.

Why do you think MBV was originally not going in The Arena? Maybe because they wanted to start work on it sooner.

Step one in building a building is dig a big hole. So they will be clearing for that. You cant lay concrete with a low ground temperature so they will be clearing the entire area and maybe start digging so concrete can go in from april. Then depending on how complex the ride system is the rest of the building will go up allowing for instillation of the complex ride systems with testing of the ride starting around dec/january so they can work out any technical issues. Or if its a simple track ride then testing will begin later and vertical construction can begin later. Clearing the trees now will be down to this being the most practical time to do it rather than it being urgent.

Hi, first of all I'm new here and so I apologise if this has been said before. :-) When looking through the planning application on the councils website, I discovered a page which referred to and showed examples of what would be used for materials for the attraction. Judging by the materials, I personally don't think that the ride could be Harry Potter or DW, but also, why build it there when HP studio's is also in london. Just Speculation anyway.... 

P.S Since Thorpe Park are hot on Lionsgate movies at the moment, and this style of theming, a hunger games attraction is a possibility.

http://documents.runnymede.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00159366.pdf

Welcome to the forums Liam! As far as I'm aware that all of that stuff is outside materials and so whatever is inside could be absolutely anything. To be perfectly honest any guessing at themes is all speculation fuelled by any kind of connection people can make :P We will not truly know until we are told officially and that could be a long wait. Regardless, whether it's Hunger Games, Doctor Who, Harry Potter or a new IP I can't wait for 2016! :D

I do think the park could do with some more relaxing rides, considering without caroulsel now (alongside CCR, Fungle and others) the only chill rides left now are Loggers, Rumba, Depth charge and Angrybirds 4D and that's pushing it slightly.

Towers has CBeebies land, cloud cuckoo, sky ride, flume and Congo plus duel, whilst Chessie has Bubbleworks, skyway, the zoo, Hocus Pocus and tombs (if you like). Don't get me started at Legoland.

Are Rapids and Log Flumes really classed under 'relaxing' rides?

I doubt that this dark ride will be along the same lines as Duel/Tomb where progress is slow and arguably dull (especially on Tomb), one would hope it's a very dynamic motion dark ride, even if it's a cheap one...

They definitely need more filler rides.  They have coasters and flats but apart from that there really isn't that much there.  They need at least two more dark rides - I'm not talking about the 2016 investment, I'm talking about some low key Ghost Train style dark rides as I think that's where I get bored with Thorpe tbh - after the coasters and flats there's nothing else to do apart from water rides.