Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect there to be much of a queue inside as the Fastrack queue merges with the main queue just outside the building by the look of it. Plus that outside queue is long enough we haven't seen the entirety of the cattle pen that they can stick under the canopy it'll be enough. And if it's got a high enough throughput then it won't be bad at all.

Some of Universals queues are vile outside. Transformers has a long winding cattlepen out the back, Hulk has a horrid one out the front of the building, Spiderman has one around the back etc.

Has it really got that depressing this closed season we're discussing how long a queue the queue line will hold etc.I'm just happy iit's under cover.

High throughput rides need large queue lines as an hour queue has more people in it. If people will only wait 2 hours then a ride with 1000pph will be a smaller queue space than one with 1700pph. Looking at more depth in the plans that queue line is pretty big so if they have aimed for a 2:30hr queue then the throughput will be about average (1000-1200).

High throughput rides need large queue lines as an hour queue has more people in it. 

I'm sorry this makes little sense, high capacity rides do not NEED large queues. In-fact it would be the other way round, low capacity rides need large queues to accommodate the inevitable build up, high capacity rides will get through it easier so the chance of a build up is reduced. 

Yes an hour queue would have more people in the queue but it's less likely to hit an hour due to the demand it would need. Even on ultra busy days at Islands of Adventure Forbidden Journey is unlikely to top 90 minutes due to the fact that's nearly 3000 people in the queue. Sonic Spinball gets crazy long queues due to low throughput, Nemesis rarely tops 50 minutes due to its throughput though.

10628097_10154861625935624_7852688380345

Anyway, all that under "covered queue" will be a cattle pen, 369sqm of it. If the throughput is high enough that queue will hardly stop moving (much like Forbidden Journey's more procession style queue than standing still for periods of time). I'm sure Thorpe will have worked out how much space is needed for the queue. They don't just go "yeah that'll do." And anyway, guests will either queue or not. They just see the "90 minute" sign not whether there is 2000 people in that queue or 1000. Or they'll do something like Universal do with Transformers and Despicable Me, have queue fences that pop up out of the ground when it's exceedingly busy. 

I hope the whole building is just a queue line now with Vengeance at the end.

The queue will be stop/start movement since batching, bag drop and pre show... Hopefully they'll batch it well, but can't help but feel Thorpe haven't learnt from Swarm's problems..

Okay....

1 Yes there does seem to be a pre-show but we don't know how many rooms there will be and how long the pre-show lasts. could be 30 seconds could be 5 minutes.

2 How can you say they haven't learnt anything from Swarm when they haven't had a large scale investment since?

Swarms bag room is a nightmare and does slow everything down, I agree but alas unless they invest in some in-station baggage areas we will be living with that. 

Swarm's Batching has nothing to do with anything, nor does many batching positions on any of the rides. If the ride isn't continuously moving, you will inevitably be stopping and starting.

I'm sorry this makes little sense, high capacity rides do not NEED large queues. In-fact it would be the other way round, low capacity rides need large queues to accommodate the inevitable build up, high capacity rides will get through it easier so the chance of a build up is reduced.

You have completly ignored the fact that people join queues based on there length. A new ride will draw a 2-3 hour queue as thats how long people are willing to wait. High capacity rides therefore have more people in the queue which takes up more space. Maverick low throughput small queue, millenium force high throughput large queue. Swarm high throughput large queue, storm surge low throughput small queue.

A bag drop is stated on one of the plans where it states what the inside is like roughly.

The swarm system is annoying, its the fact they still let the right side go empty as no one goes up the stairs.

You have completly ignored the fact that people join queues based on there length. 

Not sure if I agree with this - more with enthusiasts this maybe the case - but as weve seen at Fright Nights the GP will queue 2 hours or so for Stealth / Inferno if thats how long the queue is. 

You have completly ignored the fact that people join queues based on there length. A new ride will draw a 2-3 hour queue as thats how long people are willing to wait. High capacity rides therefore have more people in the queue which takes up more space. Maverick low throughput small queue, millenium force high throughput large queue. Swarm high throughput large queue, storm surge low throughput small queue.

A bag drop is stated on one of the plans where it states what the inside is like roughly.

The swarm system is annoying, its the fact they still let the right side go empty as no one goes up the stairs.

So what you're saying is.... That on a busy day when all rides are two hours that, nobody is actually in the queue, because nobody wants to join due to the queue length?

The length of the queue is not based on the capacity, the length of queue is based on the projected popularity. The reason storm surge has a smaller queue isn't because it only trickles 450-500pph, it's because it's less likely to draw a crowd for most of the season. The reason behind it being a slow process is due to waiting for boats to come up.

The reason The Swarm has a long queue, was because it was a UK's first brand new roller coaster. Which was much more likely to draw a crowd.

Queue length = nothing to do with capacity of a ride. Why do you think all rides at Universal have lengthy queues, because they are all based on popular backgrounds and it needs to accommodate a large amount of guests, even if the throughput was terrible.

The issue I originally had with your post, was stating it was pretty much the law that rides with 1000+PPh had to have a large queueing area.

Swarm's Batching has nothing to do with anything, nor does many batching positions on any of the rides. If the ride isn't continuously moving, you will inevitably be stopping and starting.

Apart from the sheer mayhem and unbalanced way it's done on Swarm, because they tried to fit in the bag drop and front row/backwards queues causing the hold-ups and on quite a regular basis unbalanced levels of queues inside...

It's amazing the difference between Swarm's batching to Raptor and Damonen, purely because they lack both a front row/backwards queue and the bag drop is located in the station (where Heide's uses the superior, "why don't other parks use this system?" rotating bag lockers)...

As for pre-shows, what's the point in a 30 second one if it's in a separate room? If they're gonna have one, it'll be a couple of minutes long, and perhaps they'll have two, but if the attraction ends up being actor based, then it'll clearly be one, because budget...

Apart from the sheer mayhem and unbalanced way it's done on Swarm, because they tried to fit in the bag drop and front row/backwards queues causing the hold-ups and on quite a regular basis unbalanced levels of queues inside...

It's amazing the difference between Swarm's batching to Raptor and Damonen, purely because they lack both a front row/backwards queue and the bag drop is located in the station (where Heide's uses the superior, "why don't other parks use this system?" rotating bag lockers)...

Backwards queue now only exists in the station abit like the normal Front row queues so dont affect the main queue moving. 

Benin, I'd love your input on how hosts should magically batch Swarm, because all they can logically do is free-flow it to both sides until it's more or less full, then fill up each side in turn which in its own right leaves one side running shorter while the other fills up; otherwise everybody goes to the left.

If you have a magic solution then please do post it, I'm sure the park would love your input on such a matter.

Benin, I'd love your input on how hosts should magically batch Swarm, because all they can logically do is free-flow it to both sides until it's more or less full, then fill up each side in turn which in its own right leaves one side running shorter while the other fills up; otherwise everybody goes to the left.

If you have a magic solution then please do post it, I'm sure the park would love your input on such a matter.

Answer is simple, do it like Heide do on Flug von Damonen...

Or even Raptor at Gardaland... Only that doesn't have a single rider queue if I recall, so I'd rather Flug out the two...

The swarms system certiantly needs improvement. There are many ways to solve the problems of one side empty and the other full. Anyway if this dark ride is actor based then it will be terrible a few years later, or even on off peak. No ride should rely on actors, there too expensive to keep running and the overall satisfaction will vary so much between different rides. I do hope the actor rumors are false, I would have thought they had learnt from saw alive.

Who's that made by? Why have you made the link to TP2015? Would a bag drop be necessary with that type of vehicle? It doesn't look like a TADRIS?(joke)

Backwards queue now only exists in the station abit like the normal Front row queues so dont affect the main queue moving.

Off topic times - since when? I'm sure they were still displaying two separate queue times quite near the end of the season? If this is true then good, it's about time!

Unsure if you've seen Flug or Raptor - they have the merge host let in a set amount of people each side so they're batched from there. No need to freeflows.

Off topic times - since when? I'm sure they were still displaying two separate queue times quite near the end of the season? If this is true then good, it's about time!

For a while now there hasn't been a separate backwards queue and both go into the main queue. They still put times up for forwards and backwards but they are always the same time due to the mixed queue.