Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey people, I'm making great progress with the 3D build. I've tweaked some fences, added better lighting, configured doors to open the right way, made the queueline more detailed(making the fences as close to the plans) Ive added some speakers to play some music for atmosphere, its the SAW area loop, thought it suits ^_^ I will upload the map to the steam workshop this weekend and continue to work on it throughout the next two weeks.

I've uploaded some screenshots showing more of the map/model and the details I have placed. To view in High Res click Here!
sTqvc3T.jpg

Or maybe the lack of marketing was always the plan. People who visit are able to see something is going on and there are the construction walls. The tactic might be to keep it a big secret sort of thing. Sometimes little marketing here and there can be as good as getting the image everywhere possible like Smiler did.

Not surprised at all.  Look back at other major Merlin projects in the UK...

Smiler:  Advertising started in late 2012 with the logo

Zufari:  Advertising started in late 2012

Swarm:  Advertising started in April 11 (Lez Cougan)

Th13teen:  Little more than posters around the park until the name was released in December 09

Saw:  First teaser trailer came out in July 08

Given also the lack of any details known about the ride by anyone (usually enthusiasts would know a lot from planning applications), and the fact that the plans allude to a summer 2016 opening, the lack of advertising doesn't surprise me.  Indeed, it sort of makes sense - release next to no information, keep everyone intrigued whilst not creating hype - perfect for a major dark ride in my opinion!

It may hide X but my god does that side of the building ruin it. Why go to all the trouble to theme half of the outside of the building. I had concerns about the fact it wasn't covered but now with the renderings. I hope they get some plants to hide at least some of it as soon as possible. 

I am aware of that, I just hope they get them in as quickly as they possibly can. That could be quite the eye sore for a while.

They will get them in for when the ride opens, especially since part of the application requires them to plant trees as compensation for the ones removed. They will no doubt be aware that part of the building would be an eye sore and the park are more than capable enough to plant some trees...