Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was in marketing, the August bank holiday would have been my campaign start point.

I would be giving a small bit of hype every few days from there.

Then a full reveal and hype during fright nights to get everybody back in 2016.

but hey what do I know, just have a degree in business and business management and run my own successful business

Congrats you made the grass joke of 2015.

All we are trying to do is find out what links a dark secret, a Victorian perfume bottle, minds wanted and a run down brick warehouse.

It could be doctor who although I don't think it is.

I think it could be minds are wanted to uncover what happened in the past at this warehouse with Jack the ripper or something/someone similar. So the whole ride is based on you trying to find out the secret he has hidden.

Work continues apace, with the second (higher / larger) part of the building now going up - an intriguing structure; those taller black pillars look like they might have a fair bit being supported from them.

My overall impression from the vertical construction is that it's just such a shame that the Park couldn't have found a more discrete location to hide the building. It'll be really quite large when it's finished, and together with the X pyramid and Storm Surge, the very middle of Thorpe Park could end up looking even more dense (and unattractive). Many of the best dark rides manage to hide themselves well (Duel, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean) - shame the same couldn't have been done here.

Here's hoping efforts are made to make the building facade an attractive one.

2016sept15construction6.jpg

Full construction update from a distinctly autumnal Thorpe Park online at the usual page.

How could it be if there's an unload and offload section? And the ride loads on the first floor but then seemingly lowers to the ground floor at some point. And the building is massive.

Ugh I'm stumped. I really doubt it's a simulator though, at least not the type we have seen before.