Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plans indicate that it's a maintenance area. :)

It's open to interpretation, but I think the plans suggest that the pit might house part of the ride...! :lol:

The development proposals include one below ground structure in the form of a pit located under (and fully enclosed by) the south-west corner of the building. This pit will house one of the features of the new attraction. Access will only be for maintenance reasons on an occasional basis; the pit will not be accessed by guests as part of the attraction.

It's open to interpretation, but I think the plans suggest that the pit might house part of the ride...! :lol:

Ooh, thanks for that - couldn't remember the exact wording and was too lazy to check. :P

I've always interpreted it as it will hold machinery for the attraction, though yeah, definitely open to interpretation.  Either way, it just confuses matters more as to what on earth this could possibly be!

It seems Merlin have filed for the trade mark to the words "Galactica" and "Intergalactic" under sections 21, 25, 35 and 41 of NICE classification. With section 41 containing the explanation of copyright for..."rollercoaster rides; operation of rollercoaster rides; observation wheels, observation decks and platforms; amusement park services; theme park services; theme park rides; amusements and amusement arcade services; visitor attractions".

They were both filed on 13/08. It has the same classifications as Th13teen, Raptor, Oblivion, Nemesis etc but the only difference is section 21 which includes the trademarking of "containers; drinking flasks; combs; sponges; hair brushes; comb cases; glassware; porcelain; mugs; cups; plates and bowls; napkin rings; powder compacts; toilet cases; toothbrushes; trays; vanity cases; porcelain and earthenware not included in other classes; water bottles; tankards; oven gloves; money boxes not of metal."

Nice find ProjectX!

The building doesn't give me vibes which would fit in with a name like Galactica / Intergalactic to be honest.  And the marketing we've got so far doesn't really fit in either.  Interesting that the trademarking fits in with other major attractions.  Wonder if this is just a massive curveball though just to throw us geeks off the scent? :P

It would be a very expensive curveball and if connected to this project, then highly likely to be the ride's name. Otherwise it's for a different project.

This was the case with "The Smiler" being registered like this at the same stage during its construction, and again nobody thought a ride that had been advertised in such a way could be named "The Smiler". Interesting...