Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

Btw just to add alton towers with no smiler you're rides are old, short and boring your only decent ride is 20 year's old that's why I'd happily drive 300 miles elsewhere. Rant over...

Really? When I went to Alton in April Smiler was closed and had loads of fun (even being alone). Wouldn't even touch that ride now after the accident. Your grammar makes me want to puke.

That virtual reality thing doesn't sound too great, would just make it seem like a hyped up simulator ride. At least the video could be different on multiple rides. However, looking at the graphics of the Europa Park thing, they look devastating. You may as well strap a toaster to your face and cook some toast and you'll get a better visual experience. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think the UK park industry as a whole needs a shake up! It feels two steps behind what we've seen in Europe lately (Ratatouille, Helix, Chiapas,Baron etc.) and three steps bebind Orlando.

WC16 could help slowly take us closer to these standards, but the ride needs to be done right and seeing how the likes of IAC, Zufari & others turned out, it leaves my optimism low (hence why Taron is currently the 2016 ride I'm excited about so far).

I really want this ride to be a massive success (if it is we could hopefully see more investments in dark rides), but this needs to be done right so that it can be achieved.

If WC16 turns out to be a great ride, I'd strongly consider visiting monthly.

Btw just to add alton towers with no smiler you're rides are old, short and boring your only decent ride is 20 year's old that's why I'd happily drive 300 miles elsewhere. Rant over...

I disagree. if you want long medicore layouts, and no theming, go to Cedar Point.

Anyway isn't The Smiler's layout dull, inversion after inversion with a airtime less bunny hop.

It's an engineering masterpiece... The ride experience... Less so, in my opinion.

I do love me some th13teen though. Very reridable, and the rumours of a drop track in this new ride get me very excited indeed.

I agree, visually, the ride looks amazing and does look really intimidating! however, the ride experience is nothing more than average. I came off the ride feeling too disorientated and a bit sick if anything, the ride is just inversion after inversion which doesn't do much for me and the airtime hill is disappointing. nemesis still remains the best ride in the park without a doubt, and also for what it is th13teen is a really good family coaster, really enjoyable with airtime and the drop is a good gimmick.

Am I the only one that the new maze 'CONTAINMENT Is something to do with WC16. It's the reason nothing has been released about WC16 Yet its because they have been waiting for FRIGHT NIGHTS? I believe that the fact they have spent so much time marketing this new maze, especially that video that was released today that maybe it's a hint of what is to come next year? It's just a theory of course but I thought its something worth thinking about. 

I disagree. if you want long medicore layouts, and no theming, go to Cedar Point.

Anyway isn't The Smiler's layout dull, inversion after inversion with a airtime less bunny hop.

that describes pretty much every coaster in the uk though, cedar point have good layouts

The smiler's probably the most interesting layout we have and it's a decent length too

Am I the only one that the new maze 'CONTAINMENT Is something to do with WC16. It's the reason nothing has been released about WC16 Yet its because they have been waiting for FRIGHT NIGHTS? I believe that the fact they have spent so much time marketing this new maze, especially that video that was released today that maybe it's a hint of what is to come next year? It's just a theory of course but I thought its something worth thinking about.

Have they? I haven't seen very much marketing for it at all, it's all been for The Big Top.

I really think that Containment will be based around Containment from the hints that we have been given from minds wanted and from the recent teaser for containment.

The perfume bottle teaser could refer to the antidote to destroy the infection. The pocket watch could be the fact it is a timed escape. The whole code thing on the website makes sense as well, as in the teaser for Containment, it says enter your special code to use exit route A.

The eye dilating would be the infection taking over your body

The distort your mind thing would make sense.

The lights on the website could be inside the escape roomso I will keep an eye out when I go in.

Surrender your mind is also a hint.

This is my evidence that WC16 could be based on Containment.

The smiler's probably the most interesting layout we have and it's a decent length too

I disagree, even though it looks great, in my opinion on the ride its a little dull.

that describes pretty much every coaster in the uk though, cedar point have good layouts

IMO The only thing at Cedar Point which has a decent layout is maverick and thats kinda it.

Anyway back on topic. I don't think Containment has anything do with WC16, I don't think Thorpe really have the build up to pull a Sanctuary on us.

And if its a IP, then I have even more doubt on Containment being related.

That really does look like an Underground tunnel, doesn't it? And with that Whitechurch Underground station promo, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting something based around the London Underground. However this whole "mind bending" marketing thing then wouldn't make sense, because the only thing that bends my mind in the Underground is the amount of time between each train. So something has to be happening in the Underground. Which screams out to me, either:

Victorian, crime-related thing (which I would hate), or...

Doctor Who IP.

And with all the speculation that says the same, I'm leaning towards the latter here.

The Mind Gap section of Minds Wanted has been updated, featuring yesterday's photo and the following...

As the new Dark Secret starts to reveal itself, keep your Eyes peeled and your Mind Sharp. Arriving 2016.

Wonder if it means something that some words are unnecessarily capitalised?

Also, on a different note, some have found a new touch code:

WC16Teaser2_zpsn0pdktwe.jpg