Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The countdown is when the next clue arrives.

I don't think it is. There's 2 clues coming in October, and it says the 3rd one is end of October (so I'm guessing the 2nd is beginning of the month). The countdown timer ends on 25th October at 11PM, which will be around the time of the 3rd clue.

I don't think it is. There's 2 clues coming in October, and it says the 3rd one is end of October (so I'm guessing the 2nd is beginning of the month). The countdown timer ends on 25th October at 11PM, which will be around the time of the 3rd clue.

The clocks go back on the 24th October, so we gain an hour. If the countdown is static, it will finish at 10pm, if it's tied to the clock (somehow) it'll finish at midnight. I don't really know what I'm saying but the clock change will affect that countdown somehow!

My brain has imploded trying to work it out. Probably not that relevant but still kind of fun.

I'm fairly convinced this wont have an IP.  I'm not saying it wont be sponsored by a well known brand, but I think we will see a unique and fresh dark ride that is not related to anything we currently know.  Anyone old enough to remember the 5th Dimension will know that IP's are not necessary for a successful dark ride!!

Looking back at the trademarked names Merlin filed, they were 'Chronicles of London' and 'Automatons' I believe. I find it strange how Automatons was trademarked as that is a word used for clockwork animatronics, which coincidentally is what I'll be focusing on for my final year at uni. Anyway, with these trademarks being brought back up, maybe the story is human brains are taken and put into Victorian automatons. Chronicles of London would be interesting, if it is confirmed to be the name, as with the automaton word being brought up makes it feel like the ride will have a story based on past events which have been brought back to life.

^And here we see a classic example of looking too hard to see something that isn't there. ;)

Neat little update, should keep us geeks ticking along (did you clock onto what I did there?) for the next couple of months, whilst keeping the general public entertained too.  The about section is particularly interesting...

A journey that will wrench you from your cosy everyday existence into a warped new reality. We’ll take you to a place where nothing is ever as it seems and nobody who visits will ever see things the same way again.

An experience designed to challenge your perceptions and mean you’ll never look just once again.

Keep your eyes and mind open, don’t take all you see on appearances alone and you could be one of the first to experience The Island’s newest attraction in 2016

I've cracked the first clue and look forward to seeing next month's clue:

Clue1Completed_zpsrax9choo.jpg

^And here we see a classic example of looking too hard to see something that isn't there. ;)

Neat little update, should keep us geeks ticking along (did you clock onto what I did there?) for the next couple of months, whilst keeping the general public entertained too.  The about section is particularly interesting...

I've cracked the first clue and look forward to seeing next month's clue:

Clue1Completed_zpsrax9choo.jpg

What clue was there to crack?

I was looking in the source code and other things in there, and the word Victoriana keeps popping up. I'll paste what I am talking about below, which can be found near the end of the assets/css/main.css page.

victoriana h1,.victoriana h2,.victoriana h3,.victoriana h4,.victoriana h5{color:#b17b38}.victoriana .btn:not(.facebook),.victoriana header.main .bar ul li.login a{background:url(/assets/img/victoriana-button-bg.png) center center no-repeat;background-size:100% 100%;outline:0;border:none;color:#1f1206}.victoriana .btn:not(.facebook):hover,.victoriana header.main .bar ul li.login a:hover{outline:0;border:none;background-position:1px 1px}.victoriana header.main .bar ul li.share a:hover,.victoriana header.main .bar ul li.user a:hover,.victoriana header.main nav.main ul.pages li a{color:#b17b38}.victoriana header.main div.brand{background:url(/assets/img/victoriana-logo-bg.png) center 5px no-repeat;background-size:220px 165px;overflow:auto;padding-bottom:40px;margin-top:-25px}.victoriana .home h1{color:#fff}.victoriana .mind-gap article{background:#1f1206;outline:#b17b38 solid 1px}.victoriana .mind-gap article h1{color:#b17b38}.victoriana .mind-gap article .date{color:#1f1206;background:url(/assets/img/victoriana-date-bg.svg) top left no-repeat}

I did a quick search on google and it isn't anything to do with coding from what I am aware of, but this pops up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoriana. The popular culture section is interesting, but could this possibly be the name of the ride?