Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

Thorpe Park are aware of this, so extremely nonspecific wc16 merch has arrived, and we will likely buy it.

But would that many people actually get a t-shirt of a ride they haven't ridden yet? I might be wrong but I thought the idea of a ride shirt was party to show off that you've ridden it and you liked it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would that many people actually get a t-shirt of a ride they haven't ridden yet? I might be wrong but I thought the idea of a ride shirt was party to show off that you've ridden it and you liked it.

People do buy any old ride related merch though, especially if they can show it off within their enthusiast circles...

*looks proudly at my Baron 1898 soap bar*

well let me go back to my star wars merch comparison.

I am buying episode 7 Merch whenever I can, I haven't seen the movie, I will be at an Imax midnight screening also.

I also remember what a trainwreck episodes 1 through 3 were.

so the answer is yes, they would. When people get invested in something they can be quite committed.

well let me go back to my star wars merch comparison.

I am buying episode 7 Merch whenever I can, I haven't seen the movie, I will be at an Imax midnight screening also.

I also remember what a trainwreck episodes 1 through 3 were.

so the answer is yes, they would. When people get invested in something they can be quite committed.

Like plus has said, you can't compare that to WC16. Besides there isn't really a name for the ride yet either, so if you wore the t-shirt and somebody questions you on it, you can't really say much because we don't know what it is and we haven't ridden it.

Sure the scales are different in terms of people it will reach, but the concept is identical.

You've hit the nail on the head here as to why it's a bad idea to compare the two.

Star Wars is a massive brand with a huge, huge following.  Quite a large percentage of people who will watch the film are probably following any and all updates prior to the release, and will probably also jump at the chance to buy some merch.

Thorpe is different.  Of all the people who will ride the ride next year, only a very small percentage are following construction and build up in a similar way.  And of those following, not all will be inclined to buy a t-shirt about it I expect, especially when it's so generic.  So doing a bit of a reveal about the ride (not a full reveal of course) may help raise more awareness about the ride, and encourage more people to buy this merch.

A much more sensible comparison is to Smiler's logo merch that was sold in 2012.  That worked well, but I personally think that's down to the fact the logo was so in itself quite cool and interesting to look at, and the fact that the logo was plastered all over the park at the time.  Those pieces of merch worked well as something complete separate from theme parks.  This I'm not so sure has the same power.

A friend of mine has recently started working at Thorpe and, whilst I know we should take anything employees say or have been told with a pinch of salt, he says that there are lots of clues for WC16 in the Big Top. 

I just wondered if there is any truth in this and if so have any been spotted yet? 

Found this on TTSP Forum.

"I went to the Southparks event yesterday and it was very good.

When we were doing the big top BTS our guide said there were clues to WC16 and one inparticular was a big hint according to him. The clue was the box in which a person usually sits in and pretends to be a robot or automaton and then bangs on the box to scare you. On the box were cogs which were decorative. This ties in with the clues that have been released. Robots, cogs and fear. I still dont know what it could be though."

Any thoughts?

All I can think of, as well as Derren Brown's Svengali (which was used as a one off prop for a tour which happened a good few years ago in 2011) is this:

Yes, this episode is a lot older than the Derren Brown tour but they do like recycling the scariest monsters in Doctor Who (although I have not seen the past two series so I have no idea if they've been reused yet). 

he says that there are lots of clues for WC16 in the Big Top.

It won't be finished on time, will include lots of blank spaces where theming should have been, will be largely a disappointment and will have massively oversold fastrack?

Sounds about right. Loads of clues there!

(I jest, of course. I'm sure it will be everything we've all dreamed of)

I've managed to get to the 3 'secret' messages on the website through various keyboard inputs (found with some js inspection). This has made the second question mark turn gold and show the number 2, but the first one is still a quation mark.

However, looking through the code there seems to be something else about 'victoriana' which I cannot figure out how to display.

OK, so, here's the deal. Can someone PM me the details of how to unlock clue 1? But clue 2 gives you the picture of a clown from the Big Top. So the rumors ARE true, WC16 is related to the big top!

Here's the codes you need to enter when on the main screen and logged in with the eye video in the background:

cubes.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cubes2.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cubes3.png

Edit: The second picture appears to be incorrect, it's actually: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ → →