Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still slightly dumbfounded as to how we still have no idea who is manufacturing this thing.

Still applause for keeping everything under wraps.

Still extremely frustrated by all of it, but still enjoying the speculation game.

Happy Tuesday :)

I think it could be mack, that's just a wild guess.

Forbidden Journey also cost a darn sight more than £30m...

Let alone the fact that it was done by Kuka... Granted apparently Simworx do have a robo-arm thing on a track too, but has another park actually built one? Do we really want another prototype ride with Thorpe's reliability?

It'll probably be an experience type ride which in Merlin speak is 2/3 different ride types glued together...

And nobody has touched upon the fact it's a Disney owned brand.

While any actual movie and images from it would of course be Disney property, as far as I know Alice in general is out of copyright and can be used by anyone as they fancy and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I'm not trying to suggest that this poster is anything but balls, of course.

Am I the only one who still thinks that this ride will have something to do with Containment? The whole fear theme is persistent throughout. In Containment you had to look through clocks to find the escape code, clocks being a reference to the 19:30 on the teaser. The Fright Nights link which seems to be going round with The Big Top having links to WC16 and the Kenny the Clown thing. It could be referring to the fact that WC16's theme will be linked to Fright Nights. The line of mindswanted is "You'll be out of your mind to miss it". It could be saying that the infection spreading in Containment bringing out fears will drive you out of your mind.

I'm most likely wrong cos I'm wrong about most things but I still think this will be the theme

While any actual movie and images from it would of course be Disney property, as far as I know Alice in general is out of copyright and can be used by anyone as they fancy and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I think you are right there reference being out of copyright, as there are loads of fruit machines with Alice plastered all over them - and that wouldn't be allowed if they were in copyright I'm sure. Bit off topic, soz.

Am I the only one who still thinks that this ride will have something to do with Containment? The whole fear theme is persistent throughout. In Containment you had to look through clocks to find the escape code, clocks being a reference to the 19:30 on the teaser. The Fright Nights link which seems to be going round with The Big Top having links to WC16 and the Kenny the Clown thing. It could be referring to the fact that WC16's theme will be linked to Fright Nights. The line of mindswanted is "You'll be out of your mind to miss it". It could be saying that the infection spreading in Containment bringing out fears will drive you out of your mind.

I'm most likely wrong cos I'm wrong about most things but I still think this will be the theme

That's Johnny Depp's version of the Mad Hatter, so I doubt it will happen. Especially with the Disney parks. However, I noticed a comment on that picture mentioning the Star Wars exhibit at Madame Tussauds. It could be a possibility!