Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

Ah do you think you could post it here in spoiler tags because I reckon a lot of people like myself also want to know what it was! :)

Also, I heard that Containment probably also had a lot of clues in it. Apparently a London underground map or something like that featured in it.

can confirm I did containment and there was lots of random items in 3 of the rooms relating to london, and I'm pretty sure there was a tube map in the second room with the safe in it. nothing else really though except mentions of london were all I could see, and nobody really got a chance to look at them properly with the actors prowling around, and of course the time-limit and the fact that we were looking for clues to help us escape. the most notable mention of london would be:

the fact that the passcode to escape the second room was hidden under a clock marked "london" next to all these other clocks marked with the names of other countries..

so yeah, lots of mentions of london in containment but apart from that...nothing else really. kind of grasping at straws to be honest :lol:, but it was definitely a reccuring theme.

anyway I still have no clue where and what the clues to WC16 were in the Big Top..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really good to see them bringing out merchandise to promote the new ride...

... but is anyone realistically going to buy a hoodie when they know absolutely nothing about what the slogans are referring to?

Sorry for being late to this but yes. Look around you. 90% of people wear sweatshirts with slogans they know nothing about.

Examples:

Jw

Tokyo Laundry

SuperDry

Corrected!

I have t shirts with all of those slogans on. Haven't a clue what JW is. I have never been to Tokyo and definitely never needed my clothes cleaned there. My SuperDry jacket isn't even waterproof. And what is corrected about the smiler, all it does is hurt my back not correct it ;)

Regarding the clown.

the only thing I saw at that point was the shadow of the clown behind a screen. I guessed it was to symbolise magic and theatre.

Containment clue

clock for us was labelled Tokyo not London

Oh look, an evidently train related hoodie on sale...  :ph34r:

Goodness knows what the other two hoodies reference though.

And yep - there was a tube map in Containment. I would've paid more attention in room 2 but the dentist lady was very distracting  :wub:

the dentist room was room 3...but I'm jealous. the 2 dentist people were absolutely shocking when I went, just shouted once when we came in and then sat there for the rest of the 5 minutes staring at us blankly, giving us no help or hints or even interaction. the rest of containment was great though :lol:

can confirm I did containment and there was lots of random items in 3 of the rooms relating to london, and I'm pretty sure there was a tube map in the second room with the safe in it. nothing else really though except mentions of london were all I could see, and nobody really got a chance to look at them properly with the actors prowling around, and of course the time-limit and the fact that we were looking for clues to help us escape. the most notable mention of london would be:

the fact that the passcode to escape the second room was hidden under a clock marked "london" next to all these other clocks marked with the names of other countries..

so yeah, lots of mentions of london in containment but apart from that...nothing else really. kind of grasping at straws to be honest :lol:, but it was definitely a reccuring theme.

anyway I still have no clue where and what the clues to WC16 were in the Big Top..

Actually the code for the second room was under the tokyo clock as all of the documents in the room are referring to tokyo. 

Apparently some of the people on the forum know what IP the ride will have. It's supposedly all hidden on the posters in the Big Top, and the names of the characters have a lot of relevance to the IP? If you look on the Fright Nights topic in General Discussion you'll see that we're discussing it.

So, there are a couple of Easter Eggs (not clues) inside The Big Top for WC16.  For those curious, they are...

-Madame Mephisto.  How this has any relation to WC16 is not known.  It could be that the character has some importance.  It could be the name (is it an anagram of something maybe?).  It could be the tarot cards she uses.  Anything.

-Kenny the Clown / The Figaro Brothers.  Again, not indication as to how they relate to WC16.

-The Wheel of Misfortune has the 'Minds Wanted' eye on the pointer.  Our tour guide said it was because the eye is 'all seeing and all knowing, and has control over everything'.  I've probably made that sound quite Big Brother-esque, but I certainly don't mean to - it's basically just there to show it has control.

Also, there's something neat from Containment I noticed yesterday.  I'll put it in spoilers for those who have yet to do it...

In the second room, the computer screen features loads of code.  I noticed that "Minds;Wanted" was part of this code.  However, with everything else going on in the maze, I didn't notice is any other parts of this code could give any indication to the ride's theme.

That's all I seem to remember.

So, does this mean that WC16's theme is related to Big Top and / or Containment?  I stand by my long-standing view of "No".  These are clearly all Easter eggs designed to tease enthusiasts in my opinion.  Once the theme and ride are fully revealed, I have no doubt in my mind that there'll be a few pages of discussion with all of us going "OOOOHHHHH, *that* was relating to this *this*" and the like.  It's nice to see them doing something like that if that really is the case.

I didn't notice that on the code on the computer in containment, despite me looking through it all for a clue... good find!

EDIT: if the clues in the big top are legit....the IP they seem to suggest is incredibly boring in my opinion. don't get your hopes up :lol:

Sort of defeats the point of a maze: Trying to find the answer/exit.

Definition -

maze

meɪz/

noun

a network of paths and hedges designed as a puzzle through which one has to find a way.

I think this is the first time Thorpe have actually conquered the definition of a maze.

I guess Cabin could seriously be considered a maze. There is a couple of moments where you are walking back on yourself through the maze where you can walk in opposite directions to groups and the different routes can be very disorientating. 

I meant to say a similar point to yours Ricky. ^_^

Ryan just say what you think it is otherwise I'm calling it a bluff. I honestly think it's not an IP and it might just be an original storyline they seem to be doing a Smiler sort of path, where they have a maze linked in and have started to sell merch for the ride in hope people will buy it.

I've given the clues that were given to us, work it out for yourself.

Derren is the patron of The Parrot Zoo near Skegness and has kept four parrot: two Conures named Siegfried and Figaro, a Senegal called Mephisto and currently Rasputin, a Blue Quaker.

Figaro brothers. Madame Mephisto. Hello Derren Brown's parrots. Not too difficult to find with a bit of research. The box with the mime guy in it is also to represent an Automaton. Hello again Mr Brown. 

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/about/

That is all.