Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even from the top of Summit Plummet you can kind of make out all that structure behind Everest. You've just ruined the magic toofpik. Still.. could be worse..

225833_10150582486750427_2642042_n.jpg?o

;)

Bit OT but just what is that? I remember seeing that monstrosity when visiting and thinking WTF...

Back on the topic of WC16... Lots of activity on site today... Saw a big hole and foundations going in from Slammer, plus got a few photos.

WP_20150626_002_zpsejs8bxes.jpg

WP_20150626_003_zpsjuri9aiv.jpg

A moving digger moving piles of dirt higher than my head!

WP_20150626_005_zps5mtjkzcf.jpg

Cement mixer and the drill (not drilling today). Plus one of the last-surviving pieces of arena fence! Still standing... Just.

WP_20150626_006_zpstzw55qgo.jpg

Blue fence trying to hide the hole they're digging for foundations... A very station-shaped hole.

And finally...

WP_20150626_004_zps3tbawp1w.jpg

This is why Thorpe can't have nice things.

I spy, with my fanboy eye, a large hole...

2016jul15construction2.jpg

The hole is presumably required to fit the attraction inside the building structure - the revised plans show it to be just over 2m deep (http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/images/other/2016revisedsideview.jpg). Looks as if they've already hit the water table!

High-res construction shots online, as ever, at Total Thorpe Park :)

I guess we won't see major vertical construction until at least September/October time

Judging by the hefty ground work we've seen so far, I think it's looking pretty fees able for an early summer opening now (maybe June), though that's not a bad thing as I expect to be hammering on with my final uni year March-may.