Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride does have 2 levels. Both of which are above ground. (Could have more but the lack of space means only really a max of 3 floors) The pit they are digging is also stated on the plans for the sole use of maintenance.

This ride starts on the 2nd level as on the plans stairs are indicated on the way to the station.

• 2 weeks later...

No updates for a while, I'm disappointed guys ;)

I still find it mysterious how there's been barely any marketing for this ride yet, hopefully it'll all kick in over summer!

The construction site isn't that interesting at the moment. Just clearing out for the hole and some markers for the building I think at the moment!

As for marketing, I wouldn't be surprised if Thorpe go for a more subtle and mysterious style for the ride. They won't want to reveal what the ride is and probably want to create more intrigue for the attraction than hype. I'm partially not expecting anything else till September/October time. Then again, Stealth didn't have that much marketing at this time in 2005 (just a couple of infographics mentioning it will be tall and fast) and Saw's first teaser video happened around now in 08. So it's not really much different to other major projects yet.

Just wondering if any of the pen rebranding has anything to do with the new ride?? There are Voodoo dolls as toppers on a lot of the pens...

The VooDoo dolls have been on sale for a few years within Thorpe. I think the own toppers related to Thorpe's rides are just a neat bit of new merch. I'd be surprised if they were related to the new ride at all! :P

No updates for a while, I'm disappointed guys ;)

I still find it mysterious how there's been barely any marketing for this ride yet, hopefully it'll all kick in over summer!

I shall see if I can make a visit this weekend ;) but as everyone else is saying theres not much really going on at the moment 

If it were me I'd hold off on marketing till after summer. You want people focused on what's coming next, once you have them in the park for Fright Night's that's the time to give them a reason to come back in the new year. Plus, with the way the press has been demonizing theme parks after the Smiler Incident it probably would be better to wait till the dust has settled a bit and give this new project clean air. 

Just been on Nemesis and there's been quite a lot of work since I was last here! Lots more rebar has been added in the pit and it now looks like the whole area has been marked out

Genuinely thought this was a post in the Nemesis at Alton Towers discussion. You got me all excited and then realised it was the WC16 topic. 

Or the lack of marketing could be their tactic. We all know it's going to be kept a huge secret where possible. There was a small surge of marketing with the boards being put up, teaser images to a few fan pages and then it went quiet. Not like people can't see the site or ignore the fact something is going on. 

Maybe we'll see another small surge in September (although surely they'll be busy with FN promo at that point which is the bigger concern as they only have a month for that). I'd say if we see a FN map there'll be something on that about a new attraction coming and then probably quiet again. I feel like we'll get stuff in small blips, especially until they know the actual opening of the ride as they still don't know if it'll be spring, early summer or mid summer. 

Little marketing can be just as good as lots, it makes people more curious and nosey. It gets people talking about what it could be and can interest people if they don't know what it is. Merlin will pull the worlds first card somehow, it's already been talked about it supposedly being the first of its kind dark ride (which is a big statement). Let's just enjoy what the park do, we've just been spoilt by how clever the Smiler's marketing was. This I feel will be the complete opposite.

Anyway, they have done another little blip of marketing recently. So, school trips get a leaflet with offers on for cheap popcorn/sweets and just general deals. This was one of the card things.

1800335_1186047814753978_477116633498786

11755855_1186047851420641_64762759896961

So maybe we'll see something on the website soon. 

I can't wait for the new dark r...

Ah I got the wrong thread, it would appear this is the self promotion video thread aha :)

No, posting a construction update via YouTube is not self promotion, it's sharing a construction update.

I do wish that some people would be a bit more grateful when people go out of their way to get updates.