Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's to say they need to get the 'ride' in? If it's trackless there will be nothing that looks like a ride going in, no track or anything. They'll just build the flooring, sensors etc. Not saying it is trackless but we have no idea what this ride is, there might be very little in large hardware that needs to go in.

What's to say this structure is simple? There might be more structure needed on the inside than the plans showing the exterior would make you think. Plus there's the hole and another bit of the hole to concrete, there's still a long way to go with the structure.

With regards to construction and secrecy, I guess it depends on the ride system and just how secret the park want to keep the project.  Since the site is easily viewed from the likes of Inferno and Storm Surge, they'd have to cover the top of the building as well if they wanted to keep the inside of the building totally secret.  But then again, if the ride hardware doesn't give away anything in particular, then I guess construction of the inside can easily go ahead.

What's to say they need to get the 'ride' in? If it's trackless there will be nothing that looks like a ride going in, no track or anything. They'll just build the flooring, sensors etc. Not saying it is trackless but we have no idea what this ride is, there might be very little in large hardware that needs to go in.

Duh, Topspins don't have track

Gotta remember the bit that's gone vertical is only 1/3 of the whole building that needs to be built. It's also how cleverly you use the space, you don't need bags of room for a good dark ride. Okay we've no idea what this is, but Madhouses can be very good dark rides in small spaces and immersive tunnels don't take up too much room either. Duel's building is just massive.

After reading through Merlin's report on The Smiler incident and their reaction I found this snippet to be pretty interesting...

Either they originally intended to start marketing the ride sooner, or Merlin are just cruel. This has to be one of the most painful ride constructions in the UK in a looong time. We literally still know nothing, and yet there is a gigantic construction site right under our nose. 

where can I read this report please?

Would there a be slight possibility of some of the ride being outside, or have the plans ruled that out? It could explain why there's so little indoor space...

Absolutely no chance of any outdoor section to the ride.  The plans show it to be totally indoors, and Thorpe have to stick to those plans pretty much by the letter.

Do remember that this is still one of the largest dark rides in the UK in terms of floorspace, and it's got a pretty decent volume to it as well!  This is by no means a small building.

Do the plans state how big the workshop is going to be? 

No; there's real details about the sizes of anything inside the building really.  Given the size of the building though, they could quite easily put it into a small section of the building (possibly even over two floors) and it not have any real effect.  I'm sure they'll have used the space cleverly enough though! :P

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when they were laying the foundations, it seemed as if there was a few underground rooms to the side nearest iac and the building itself may have part allocated to a fright night attraction as my bloody valentine was there last year and a similar thing is done with the x building....