Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

That "face in the eye" is a perfect example of looking hard enough and you will find something.

In short. No there isn't.

I really don't think that a series of unfortunate events will be the theme.

If there is a clue in the eye, it is in plain sight, ie, the dilating pupil = tunnel.

I also do not believe this 30 million figure either. It was literally pulled from nowhere.

Sorry to be a pessimist but if Merlin hired top level Disney Imagineers and they created a beautifully fully themed concept with a groundbreaking ride system, the executives would say. What a lovely drawing, we just don't want to spend that kind of money, we are going with jeffs idea of a bulk discount on the same ride system for several of our attractions.

My expectations are low. I want to be proved wrong so badly!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, Bobbejaanland's one had a trough as well.

Also, if you look at that picture (and any other Immersive Tunnel, particularly during the construction stage), you notice that they aren't usually constructed in a curved "tunnel"; they're made in a normal building and just have the screen curve round in front of you. So it would be rather odd for them to start doing it like that..

For reference, here's a construction pic of Forbidden Caves:

Premiers%2Bvisuels%2Bde%2Bconstruction%2

(Image found on parkstrip.fr)

I reckon the shape of the tunnel will be for a London Underground like setting.

Hope it isn't an IP in all honesty as the last two park additions have been plus I'd rather have a new unique immersive soundtrack by the IMA score crew than the recurring TV/movie theme in all honesty (especially since two of their best dorks for UK parks will now be redundant for the future).

I'm sure there was an image of what the bus ride at Shrek looked like...

If someone could produce it (either the planning version or an actual photo), then we can compare effectively... From what I can determine though it's just a simulator and doesn't move on a track forwards into a screen area...

These tunnels and that bus simulator all have one thing that this doesn't. Curved walls on the flat, so the screens are curved around the edge, not above. You start putting a curved edge in that building and you've reduced space massively. Also, the section to the right of the arch building has a bit with no steel which would allow you into the "tunnel" (purely for reference) and that's part of the show building. Maybe a ride vehicle goes down the right side of the above picture, turns into this "tunnel" archway thing and something goes on in there but no as an immersive tunnel. More as part of an entire ride. 

The 30 million number has been floating around for ages, some trusty people have said that it is Merlin's largest single investment in a park. Yes, it's all rumours but that's the only big one going around. If you start saying 8 million or something then that's been plucked out of thin air too without official release. All rumours, just believe what you believe.

If anyone has been to Shrek's Adventure! London you'd know the Bus screen structure is, in fact, a temporary structure. I assume the room is protected in some way, but it's a temporary dome placed over the Bus system. I wouldn't be able to say yes or no to if this is the same kind of thing.

Having been on the Bus, I hope that this ride does include a variant of the system - not for the whole ride, but for a way of us to "get to where we need to be" I hope it is included.

Just a thought, remember the automaton trademark, if this is in fact for this ride, and this is a dark ride, and not a tunnel.

Automaton is a perfect name for a ride vehicle.

The Haunted Mansion has the Doom Buggy.

Spider-Man has Scoop.

Tranformers has EVAC.

Maybe Thorpe will see you riding in Automatons.

Food for thought, I do enjoy speculating.

Just a thought, remember the automaton trademark, if this is in fact for this ride, and this is a dark ride, and not a tunnel.

Automaton is a perfect name for a ride vehicle.

The Haunted Mansion has the Doom Buggy.

Spider-Man has Scoop.

Tranformers has EVAC.

Maybe Thorpe will see you riding in Automatons.

Food for thought, I do enjoy speculating.

Like the idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Why is £30m such an unrealistic number? We know Merlin progressively increase their investments, and from Saw to The Swarm there was almost a £7m increase in investment. When you consider The Swarm cost £20m including groundworks, a £10m leap after 3 fairly low investment years doesn't seem completely out of hand. Also, until the smiler incident, they were doing very well financially as a whole.

is there an ip at all?

fmPSgwk.gif

Also, Merlin love an IP, whether it's actually good or not... It's certainly not outside the realms of possibility that we'll see an IP latched onto this... Especially as we know that dark rides aren't particularly easy to market with USPs, another Merlin favourite...