Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but part of me still has quite high hopes for this attraction? Nothing except for the plans have gotten me excited yet, but something gives me the feeling this might actually be kinda great? 

However I'll ride it (after reading non-spoiler reviews) with an open mind.

stolen from tpm's Facebook page... looks like the sides are going on the building! take a nice long look before its all covered up, the next time we will see this is when were riding it! :)

I don't know, you might be able to tell from Monk's Walk if it's got a tunnel or not even though you can't actually see anything legitimately :)

Still of the opinion that this is an immersive tunnel or similar.

Why do people keep speaking as if there is more than one tunnel?

The marketing needs to step up big time whilst they are at the height of summer.

God I hope this ride is actually good and not a boring let down like the swarm was.

2016revisedpredictedqueue.jpg

This interior wall plan (which I don't know where it came from?) shows a wall/structure in between the entrance/exit of the current "tunnel" structure meaning it can't be a standard immersive tunnel as they're one train. It's almost like you go in one way come out the other possibly in AGV's running alongside a curved screen on the wall. Flat screen at the end then run alongside the other curved screen.

2016revisedpredictedqueue.jpg

This interior wall plan (which I don't know where it came from?) shows a wall/structure in between the entrance/exit of the current "tunnel" structure meaning it can't be a standard immersive tunnel as they're one train. It's almost like you go in one way come out the other possibly in AGV's running alongside a curved screen on the wall. Flat screen at the end then run alongside the other curved screen.

2 trams running side by side maybe.

The marketing needs to step up big time whilst they are at the height of summer.

God I hope this ride is actually good and not a boring let down like the swarm was.

Why do you think they need to step marketing up?  They've got leaflets on park and a teaser website for the ride.  Do they really need any more at the moment, when the ride isn't going to open for (at least) another 7 months?  At the moment, not many parks have big time marketing for their major attractions set to open next year.

Swarm had some huge marketing campaigns going on this time in 2011, and yet you see that final product as a let down, so it goes to show the marketing preceding a ride's opening doesn't make a good ride in the long run!

2 trams running side by side maybe.

I personally think that would spoil the effect of any sort of immersive tunnel.  The whole point is you're meant to be immersed in a surrounding - having a huge car to your side would really make that difficult and would certainly ruin anything on the screen to your side in my opinion.

I really can't see any other ride system fitting in that building.

The portion of the building yet to be built may well be larger, however, has to house a preshow, loading platform, baggage store and a shop.

I honestly believe the bulk of attraction space is in that tunnel.

Yes I believe swarm was a letdown, not because the idea was a bad one, in fact swarm island is beautiful, it is simply because in my humble opinion, a wingrider that is over in 30 seconds and that I feel no sensation from either forward or backwards, was a good ride to build.

The marketing was a lot of fun with the crazy guy with his A board running around and the like.

Giving the summer crowds a reason to return next season is surely a no brainer, so yes I am surprised that heavy marketing is not in full swing.

I really can't see any other ride system fitting in that building.

The portion of the building yet to be built may well be larger, however, has to house a preshow, loading platform, baggage store and a shop.

and you can see exactly where they fit in the image above, there's still the same amount of space free in the next building as the one we already have

Yes I believe swarm was a letdown, not because the idea was a bad one, in fact swarm island is beautiful, it is simply because in my humble opinion, a wingrider that is over in 30 seconds and that I feel no sensation from either forward or backwards, was a good ride to build.

Yes it's in your opinion, but in no way was the swarm a let down to thorpe park. Yes, maybe it wasn't as successful as Merlin would have liked in it's opening year but the ride only got stronger from there.

The ride is one of my favourite rollercoasters, yes it's short. But so what? Look at stealth and oblivion etc. They are also reasonably short and are great rollercoasters. Admittedly I hate the whole backwards gimmick on the swarm but apart from that it is an amazingly fast, fun rollercoaster with some of the best theming out there. The mixture between insane speed and g-force and floaty hangtime on swarm is truly brilliant.

Yes, it may not be to your taste, but imagine what thorpe park would be like without it today? It's one of the best and most popular rides there and the standard of the park would be nowhere near it currently is.

---

As for the dark ride, I'm just going to wait and see. The likelihood of this attraction is that you are going to go in expecting one thing to happen and something completely different happens. Yes it may be a huge letdown, or it could well be a massive success; but no one is to really know how good or bad the attraction is until they have really experienced it.

It's all speculation at the moment but I'd say from the looks of construction, it's looking pretty fine so far.

See at least stealth and oblivion provide sensation.

On the swarm I literally feel nothing, no hangtime, it feels very slow and it is over in a blink.

It LOOKS amazing, but looks can be deceiving, if they had bought a mini dive machine or even dared to build a woodie, the park would actually be better than it is in its current form.