Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt it'll be a Batman ride as Batman has been done before...

Agree... which is why I'm scared in a way as it will probably end up being the 'World's first Dr Who ride experience' or something... I know some people may like the idea of DW but no me.... Really not. I know it won't be but I wish it would be another horror based thing like asylum or walking dead... but it will most likely be family (hoping at least for something like hunger games)

Just by curiosity alone, what is the possibility of Thorpe making this new ride based on a newish film? The film that pops to mind for me, for the family market, is Bananaman which will be released in 2015. Maybe Merlin renewed a license with the Beano lot again.

If that's the case, then again...

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Seriously, I can't stand that comic any longer! :bad:

Horror is too generic a term sometimes... Technically Vampire and Tomb Blaster can come under a horror term...

Duel (especially under Haunted House) comes under 'Hammer Horror', and these days is just spooky and very cheesey...

Hex is creepy, though I've always felt that's more about the setting rather than the ride/theme...

However, both are still relatively family friendly to a degree... Having another Saw like IP would not be family friendly (indeed, was always the weirdest choice for the rather family friendly Eurofighter concept)...

Looking at them bulding designs, it really doesn't strike me as family friendly :lol:.

Would look a lot more family friendly with a bloody great TARDIS sitting in front of it! 

The video posted in the Melin Ents thread of Varney talking about the business as a whole shows just how pleased they are with the BBC IP link with Cbeebies, in terms of whatever deal it is they have signed and the delivery of results, that's clearly a relationship he is going to want to develop. I don't pretend to be in the know at all, but the more I see and hear the more I think The Doctor is coming. I just hope they can do it justice if he is, the ride system still has to be solid underneath whatever theme it is they plaster over the top of it.

Just to kind of clear things up, the true definition of the horror genre is something that involves the supernatural, doesn't necessarily have to be gory or truly terrifying to make it a horror. HOWEVER, the general idea is to incaptivate the audience and their purpose often is to 'frighten and panic', so it still wouldn't be suitable for this supposed family attraction.

Just to kind of clear things up, the true definition of the horror genre is something that involves the supernatural, doesn't necessarily have to be gory or truly terrifying to make it a horror. HOWEVER, the general idea is to incaptivate the audience and their purpose often is to 'frighten and panic', so it still wouldn't be suitable for this supposed family attraction.

So am I to believe that all those famous killer on the loose horror films (Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream etc.) are not, in fact, horror films? I think a horror theme ish could work for families - if you look at the growth of Halloween as an event, and the increase in spooky themed family films (Hotel Transylvania, Paranorman, Frankenweenie, Book of the Dead ROTC.), there's definitely a potential for something with a horror element that is not unsuitable for children of age 8-10 ish up.

So am I to believe that all those famous killer on the loose horror films (Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream etc.) are not, in fact, horror films? I think a horror theme ish could work for families - if you look at the growth of Halloween as an event, and the increase in spooky themed family films (Hotel Transylvania, Paranorman, Frankenweenie, Book of the Dead ROTC.), there's definitely a potential for something with a horror element that is not unsuitable for children of age 8-10 ish up.

If you were to be specific, yes it may be classed as a thriller rather than a horror, but can still possess certain aspects of a horror film. 

I agree that there is potential for a 'horror' IP in the name of the ones you have mentioned, however I believe that others were on about 'pure' adult horror films.

Its been suggest on a few other sites but a vekoma d-ride could be what we may be getting. It can get 1200pph and offers a ride experience that would suit a dark ride well.

Theme wise if Candy is in charge it should be quite interesting. Shes pretty good at coming up with original themes and putting an odd twist on some basic themes.