Onride Filming.

TPJames

Hi all,

As many of you know I do have a YouTube channel which contains many offride perspectives of both theme park and funfair rides.

I am looking to create a wider range of videos including some onride videos of different funfair rides(and possibly theme park rides if the park allows).

Currently, to film my videos, I will record by holding the camera without a wrist strap etc. What I am looking for is some sort of secure wrist strap so the camera will definitely not fall off. I am looking to take it onto the most extreme rides and improve my YouTube channel by having unique videos which others do not have.

I will be off to my next visit VERY SHORTLY so would be appreciated if anyone could supply me with some sort of wrist or chest straps. These are needed ASAP as I will need to order my equipment for my next trip.

My camera is a Samsung WB250F smart camera.

My YouTube channel is Ridelover123 if anyone is interested! Please take a moment to view my videos and subscribe. :)

Thank you.

James a wii remote wrist strap with a lock on is really good if you have a nintendo wii! Thats what I use and it works well! :) if you buy any handheld gaming console accessories pack you get a wrist strap with a lock on and they are only usually a fiver :) If you check the strap just before you ride make sure the ride host can see it and they will maybe check it(like they did on my air race video in may) and they will let you do it! :)

Edited by GladiatorFanKyle

Dayum. 

Well as a few people know I run a youtube too, and I've got a pretty secure mount.

Having a GoPro, they're already renowned for being secure and not braking/flying off their mounts. But I use a chest mount, which is basically a harness that straps round your waist and over your shoulders, and clips in in 3 different places, so the likeliness of it coming apart during an activity or ride is miniscule. It got to the point that I have now actually been able to film at Chessington without any problems (of course, I asked permission).

Anyway, with your camera, I'd recommend getting something more secure then just any old strap from an old camera or games console remote. Infact, I'd actually suggest you get a GoPro chest mount, then buy a universal screw adaptor for your camera. It'll cost about £40 all together but the cameras chances of falling off are tiny, and I've found ride ops and hosts are alot less reluctant, even excited, when they see you have the right stuff. (when me and SCB went to Adventure Island, we were able to film on everything. Then on rage the hosts started getting really excited by me having my camera xd)

PS if you wish to go further in filming on rides, I'd certainly recommend saving up for a gopro. The new one (the hero 4) is brilliant, it's got some of the best specs and fps on any action camera, and it is designed to survive bumps and drops without too much ware and tare. 

Thanks both for your help, originally I was considering a gopro however they were very expensive to buy and I wanted a camera which was of a multi purpose so I could take photos of different places and not just filming.

I was considering a chest strap however I didn't want to look stupid by wearing something on my chest. I thought something like the gopro wrist strap would be good however there didn't to be a secure option with a universal tripod slot. I think a chest strap may be a better option however £40 is a bit on the hefty side:

I found this one for £20 with a universal slot. How does it look, does anyone think it's secure enough. The last thing I want is my camera flying off when I'm upside down 80feet in the air!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intova-Suitable-cameras-digital-standard/dp/B009GH0UBM

Hi,

Recently I found my brother's old Toshiba Camileo Clip. I was wondering If it is suitable to take onto rides. It has a wrist strap and a very strong clip. If anyone can offer advice on this camera, I'd be very happy. Thanks in advance! :)

Plus, how do you go about asking permission to film on rides? Do you just ask the attendant or the ride op?

:)

To get permission to film on rides at theme parks, you need to fill out lots of health and safety forms and have the camera securely mounted to the ride in some way (I think).  For the most part, they only media companies and some big fansites film on rides because it's a lot of effort for usually little reward.

In other words, you're pretty much guaranteed to not be able to film on rides at theme parks.